[C64 Game] Chiller 2

Chat about all the old and new games
andy vaisey
Director

[C64 Game] Chiller 2

Post by andy vaisey »

Finally, Cosine Systems has released my C64 game, Chiller 2! This is dedicated to Cosine's C&C, T.M.R (aka Jason Kelk) who is still in hospital at the time of release, recovering from the after-effects of COVID-19 (9 months and counting). I desperately wanted him to play test and approve before release and feel bad about releasing it before, but this needs to go out now.

Download includes game on a .d64 and .tap file plus all the source code and work files for graphics and music.

Download here: https://csdb.dk/release/index.php?id=198231

Merry Christmas!

Iain
Admin

Re: [C64 Game] Chiller 2

Post by Iain »

Nice! I just had a quick go of it on my C128.

I first had flashbacks of The Human Race, but thankfully Chiller 2 is much more forgiving with the energy bar.

The idea of one cross appearing at a time is a nice one. Makes it more playable and I guess the screen would be very cluttered if loads of crosses were on it at the same time.

I got confused initially why I was losing so much energy when not near a baddy but I see there are single character "things" that I thought were in the background, but must be poison. That's what I get for rushing through the instructions!

First impressions are good anyway, I'll have more of a go later.

I love that you included the source code with it. That's a great touch!
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Thanks for the comments! Yup, watch out for those mushrooms!!!!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I just noticed the diary link in your other thread, that is a nice addition to having the source code.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Iain wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:27 am I just noticed the diary link in your other thread, that is a nice addition to having the source code.
The diary is not quite up to date, but will be finalised over the next couple of days!