HUNCHBACK C64 reveiew

Chat about all the old and new games
omega120
Techno Teaboy

HUNCHBACK C64 reveiew

Post by omega120 »

This is a review of HUNCHBACK, my 1st C64 game that I bought over a sobering year, to begin you will probably know I am not much use on playing games but I do give a certain try on a game that is interesting which I found with HUNCHBACK . The game is set on a castle setting where Hunchy trys to save Esmaralda imprisoned up on the castle tower.
A disappointment at the start of the game which seems to take about a half a minute for a routine to play before you can start the game, a motion that should not have been inserted, anyway when I did manage to play the game I found the controls was easy, for key control that is, did not like the joystick control much, maybe because I rather prefer key control in games, back to the game as it goes on, very compelling to play, Hunchy makes way to the bell that rings when a level is completed, then after,the next level slowly appears (which the routine between the levels should not have been inserted either .....boring), before I forget there is the wood music (Teddy Bears Picnic) just before start of the game which was part of the routine that should have not been inserted , maybe it would have been better to have the music played through the game instead of no music while the game is being played!
Overall this is a game for all ages and can be addictive to play even though the levels get much harder as you get on, which I suppose you get in any game.The graphics and sprites design are not much different from the ZX Spectrum version of the game, the sprites are simple for Commodore design (my `Manky` character design would have done a better character job as Hunchy) a bit of a surprise coming from a big game company like Ocean, at least the sound effects in the game are better than the Speccy version. You would think Ocean would put more effort on the design of the game for the Commodore!
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Re: HUNCHBACK C64 reveiew

Post by Sixteen Plus »

Now there's a coincidence, I was thinking along similar lines just a fortnight back :shock:

Mankback
omega120
Techno Teaboy

Re: HUNCHBACK C64 reveiew

Post by omega120 »

Sixteen Plus wrote:Now there's a coincidence, I was thinking along similar lines just a fortnight back :shock:

Mankback
:D There you go MANKY is a better character for HUNCHY than the Ocean`s character.Well done! :D