re: using Vice (v2.2) 32Bit

Chat about all the old and new games
reble
Techno Teaboy

re: using Vice (v2.2) 32Bit

Post by reble »

I need some help. It has been so meny years since I did anything with Commadore 64. I can't rember the commands. I have the game Mission Imposable in the C64 format on the win7 side of the house. I can't get it moved into the C64 emulator nor can I get the game working.

Steve
andy vaisey
Director

Re: re: using Vice (v2.2) 32Bit

Post by andy vaisey »

If you're using VICE, you shouldn't need too many (if any) commands to get the game up and running.

Assuming your Mission Impossible game is in .prg or (more likely) .d64 image format, in VICE just select 'Autostart disk/tape image' in the file menu, then navigate to the Impossible Mission image.

The game should auto-load and run. If it's a 'cracked' copy with some kind of group intro, pressing space usually skips this or follow any on-screen instructions.

The following image should help you also. It shows how your PC keyboard is mapped to the C64 keyboard:

reble
Techno Teaboy

Post by reble »

The file name is "mission impossible.v64". I am using a Gateway laptop os win7 pro 64 bit.
andy vaisey wrote:If you're using VICE, you shouldn't need too many (if any) commands to get the game up and running.

Assuming your Mission Impossible game is in .prg or (more likely) .d64 image format, in VICE just select 'Autostart disk/tape image' in the file menu, then navigate to the Impossible Mission image.

The game should auto-load and run. If it's a 'cracked' copy with some kind of group intro, pressing space usually skips this or follow any on-screen instructions.

The following image should help you also. It shows how your PC keyboard is mapped to the C64 keyboard:

Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

reble wrote:The file name is "mission impossible.v64". I am using a Gateway laptop os win7 pro 64 bit.
You mean "mission impossible.d64"? If the filename really does end in v64 than I would assume that's your problem. There is no v64 C64 file format that I know of.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

As far as I know, .v64 files are Nintendo64 ROM image files.

So do you want to run a Commodore64 game or a Nintendo64 game? Very different systems!

If you want the Commodore64 game, get it here:
http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=3731&d=18&h=0

If you want to run a Nintendo64 game, you'll need an N64 emulator, such as:
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/n64/project64.html