Really Silly Question

Chat about all the old and new games
Redleadpaint
Techno Teaboy

Really Silly Question

Post by Redleadpaint »

I've downloaded an emulator, which I'm having no trouble using, in so far as loading the games is concerned.

However, and this is where I sound like a real moron, once the game (Usagi Yojimbo, or the Samuri Warrior) is up, I can't work out how the game controls work. Dumb, huh?

The thing is, I keep reading sites that give fantastic instructions on how to get the game up, and then tell me "And now it works just like your old C64!" Not helpful - I'm seventeen, there is no "your old C64", I have no idea what I'm doing, and I can't find instruction manuals or anything online.

There seems to be so much other information, surely there are user guides for games? I'm using a keyboard rather than a joystick too, is that even properly possible? I guessed it probably was, because I worked out a few commands (left, right, up - that's it,) for myself. Can anyone help me?

Very, very grateful for any help at all,

Lucy.
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Have a look at this thread as it contains some helpful links.

I'm not sure which emulator you are using - CCS64 or WinVICE. You will find WinVICE to be the easiest if you are a beginner.
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well, first off, welcome to the strange world of the C64 for the first time.

If you want manuals for games etc. go to Project 64 where they have 100's of them.

As for controls, you've probably seen stuff about Control port 1 and 2, port 2 was the joystick port most commonly used for C64 games.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Project64 doesn't have Usagi Yojimbo/Samurai Warrior, though... :?

I tried Googling but couldn't find anything suitable, either. And nothing on GameFAQs. Anyone know anywhere else?