Freescape 3D Construction Kit

Chat about all the old and new games
Iain
Admin

Re: Freescape 3D Construction Kit

Post by Iain »

Looks good. You need to get yourself a graphic of a 5.25" floppy though. It's confusing clicking a 3.5" one for a C64 download! :)
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Iain wrote:Looks good. You need to get yourself a graphic of a 5.25" floppy though. It's confusing clicking a 3.5" one for a C64 download! :)
Unless you a have a 1581. Or a TIB. Or a CMD FD. :wink:
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Sixteen Plus wrote:Nice. Perhaps you should promote your site around a bit on the Lemon64 forum which is the premier C64 chat place. Maybe others will start contributing new games :)
He has heh... which is how I met him and was able to transfer some of his stuff :)
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Professor Brian Strain wrote: Unless you a have a 1581. Or a TIB. Or a CMD FD. :wink:
Well that's true, but what percentage of the market did all of the above have? 1%? :) and if the format of the downloaded file is "d64" then it must be a 5 1/4 one :-p
Flanimal
Techno Teaboy

Post by Flanimal »

Sixteen Plus wrote:Nice. Perhaps you should promote your site around a bit on the Lemon64 forum which is the premier C64 chat place. Maybe others will start contributing new games :)
Oh it's not my site, but I am in contact with the author of the site, so I will pass on your suggestions to him.

The 3D Construction Kit already has an active thread in the Scene section of the Lemon64 forums, but the more people who know about the 3DCK website the merrier as there are at least two C64 3DCK games yet to be recovered, one is called Doctor Wow by David Lacey, and the second is called Eskape by myself - yup, I threw away my own floppy disks :dumbass:
Mayhem wrote:
He has heh... which is how I met him and was able to transfer some of his stuff :)
Indeed, it was Mayhem who salvaged my 3D Construction Kit "A Chance in Hell", and my old Bard's Tale 1 party characters, both of which have given me a lot of pleasure, plus some nice feedback from the 'net. Much obliged Mayhem!