Has anyone finshed these: Predator, William Wobbler etc.

Chat about all the old and new games
Holywhippet
Techno Teaboy

Has anyone finshed these: Predator, William Wobbler etc.

Post by Holywhippet »

I could never work out how to finish Predator. I could get up to the end but the alien kept whomping on me until I died. Thanks to a link on this site I found this map: ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sincl ... edator.jpg except it's so blurry I can barely make out what the solution is. I've also got to find an emulator/copy that works. I downloaded one and ran it under Winvice but the screen goes black when the game is supposed to start.

For William Wobbler I swear I got a reasonable way through the game when I still had a C64. Lately I've tried it on an emulator but am getting nowhere fast. I can pick up the orb that gets me past the guardians for most of the holes. Exploring the holes I get a golden key, a plank, a handgun and some clues. From there I'm stuck, I could have sworn I used to shoot the bullseye with the gun to get a red key but that doesn't seem to work now. I've rexplored all the holes but nothing else comes up. I know I'd gotten further before like using the torch to explore the dark area beyond the 10 holes on the surface and using the magic lamp to get past the spider (I think). Any thoughts?

Samurai Trilogy - this game sucked but I got it with a compilation of other games so I gave it a go. I swear the karate section is unwinnable. There are about 2 opponents who simply cannot be beaten - their power is always too great. The rest can usually be taken down with repeated chops at close range. I've never seen any logic to the training or point allocation either, they seem to do nothing.

Asterix and the Magic Cauldron. I could never find all seven pieces of the cauldron. I could find six but the last piece was completely elusive. The only walkthroughs I've seen for this game are the Spectrum version which only had 5 pieces.
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

I've not played Predator for years, but I'm sure you had to walk in the mud or something so the Predator would'nt be able to see you. May be wrong though
Fave Game: Thrust
Fave Music: Ocean Loader (original)

Discuss & view C64 endings here:

http://www.c64endings.co.uk./
Holywhippet
Techno Teaboy

Post by Holywhippet »

Fiery Phoenix wrote:I've not played Predator for years, but I'm sure you had to walk in the mud or something so the Predator would'nt be able to see you. May be wrong though
IIRC, that's slightly earlier on in the game at the start of a new level. You drop into water/mud and the Predator's targetting laser appears. If you duck into the mud and then stand still the targetting laser moves away from you. If you move it comes towards you. The problem I found was that standing still drained your health - presumably because you were in water or something.