Your first game.

Chat about all the old and new games
Palmer Eldritch
Techno Teaboy

Post by Palmer Eldritch »

Mort wrote:My first 64 game would have been Attack of the Mutant Camels :D
Mine too, only my copy was called Advance of the Mutant camels.
Also International Soccer, Hunchback and Jumpman.

Falcon Patrol and Summer Games followed soon after.
Holywhippet
Techno Teaboy

Post by Holywhippet »

The first C64 I ever played of any description would have been Zone Six on my cousins C64. When I got my own C64 I suspect the first game I tried would have been international soccer since it loaded "instantly". After that I'm guessing I played Ghosts and Goblins.
pressplayontape
Techno Teaboy

Post by pressplayontape »

My first post.

My C64 came with a datasette and a bunch of games on tape. The first one I bunged in was "The Last Ninja". Needless to say many fights were had over weather the telly got used for the commodore or for watching TV. So my brother and I pooled our savings and bought a huge (back then) 43 cm colour telly to play the computer on.

He kept getting zapped by the electric mat at the very end of the game. Took us both some time to work out how to land on it and not get killed. Love the loading music (first level) and the music from the palace gardens (loader).
LOAD ERROR : REWIND CASS.
arthur
Techno Teaboy

first game I saw that made me want a c64 and not a speccy,,,

Post by arthur »

er, embarrasingly enough.... system15000

IT was just like a real computer, hacking into a real mainframe...
(then very next game I saw was MR Mephisto)..
The music made me want one even more, after that I *think* I saw miner 2049'er.. cool!
Then I saw a speccy game of unknown origin (at the same time, in the same computer club I joined) and the flashing colours of the speccy immediately turned me off.

SO, early doors for me, and btw the first game I 'hacked' (ok the sys call was the same as all the others IE 2081, and hypersave was easy to use) was lazy jones.

FUN!!!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Buffalo Round-Up (on the c64) I'm afraid. Hehe.

Very soon to be followed by Impossible Mission, International Soccer and Jack Attack (both on card). I also got a pretty weird and extremely difficult game (together with my c128) called Spirit of the Stones. Huge box, book, map etc. but the game was almost unplayable IIRC.

Anyway...
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Nightfaery
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Nightfaery »

I can't remember, I was only four! But we got the TV and Movies C64 pack which had Trivial Pursuit, Krypton Factor, Bullseye some others I can't remember. The Movies one was Rambo, Great Escape, Platoon, and something else. Ah, I loved it when computers were released with themes! They should do it more often. But no sorry I really can't remember. Could have been Fun School, I dunno. *^_^* lml
RichH6109
Freelancer

Post by RichH6109 »

The International Soccer cartridge for me too. I think I got my C64 from Boots (£199?)
Satan'sMaleVoiceChoir
Techno Teaboy

Post by Satan'sMaleVoiceChoir »

Well, the first C64 game I ever played was on a friend's C64, and it was 'Blue Max'. About a year later I got mine for Christmas and my parents bought me a bunch of games, plus I used my Birthday money to buy some more (Birthday on Jan 5th!), so the first games I got/played were:

Skyfox (the beginning of my interest in flight sims)
Gremlins (the beggining of my love affair with text adventures)
Ghostbusters
Commando

And I think I picked up 'Fighting Warrior' around then too - which I loved. :oops:
'You Can't Help Smiling if You've Bitten Off Your Own Lips' - Mel Croucher, Zzap 64
monkey010101
Freelancer

Post by monkey010101 »

Blue Max was a bit like a biplane version of Zaxxon wasn't it? Or am I mad?
The Gremlins text adventure wasn't too bad iirc. I loved the silly details in the graphics, like when you switched the blender on in the kitchen.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

monkey010101 wrote:Blue Max was a bit like a biplane version of Zaxxon wasn't it? Or am I mad?
The Gremlins text adventure wasn't too bad iirc. I loved the silly details in the graphics, like when you switched the blender on in the kitchen.
Well, you might be mad, it's hard to diagnose at a distance, but yes in Blue Max you did control a biplane :lol:
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Surprised I never posted in this thread... I actually found out for sure what it was not so long ago according to some notes I scribbled... Cuthbert in the Jungle!
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Mayhem wrote: Cuthbert in the Jungle!
I remember that! Or at least seeing ads for it. Wot a rip off, of Pitfall though. But it was following the trend at the time I guess.
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Weren't all the Cuthbert games just rip-offs of arcade games but with Cuthbert's ugly mug running about instead?
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Ant wrote:Weren't all the Cuthbert games just rip-offs of arcade games but with Cuthbert's ugly mug running about instead?
Or you could say Microdeal produced a homage to popular arcade games of the time :D

in the Jungle was Jungle King/Pitfall
in the Tombs was Tutankham
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Professor Brian Strain wrote:Or you could say Microdeal produced a homage to popular arcade games of the time :D
Actually, I like your spin on it. :)
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"