C64 on the Wii (virtual console) - thoughts?

Chat about all the old and new games
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

C64 on the Wii (virtual console) - thoughts?

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hi folks,

so what do you think?
C64 games downloadable on your Wii through Virtual Console. Sounds nifty. Uridium & IK so far. But for 500 points each!? Err... :shock:

Linky
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Nice to see some C64 on the Wii at last, but I won't be paying those prices, particularly when I have originals, images and my C64DTV...
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

I agree that they are probably a little high, even in comparison with the NES games on VC. But nice to know the C64 will reach a new audience, hopefully one that is receptive to its charms...
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

The price may be a little high but that's one more for the "Let's Convince the Wife We Need a Wii" cause. :)
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Professor Brian Strain wrote:I agree that they are probably a little high, even in comparison with the NES games on VC. But nice to know the C64 will reach a new audience, hopefully one that is receptive to its charms...
You are exactly correct; I just hope the "new" audience will be willing to pay...
Ant wrote:The price may be a little high but that's one more for the "Let's Convince the Wife We Need a Wii" cause. :)
Funnily enough, I didn't have to convince my wife. She just suddenly announced last year that she would like to get one. Who was I to disagree... 8)
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

I've got a Wii but will just stick to the emulator images on the pc and Xbox thankyouverymuch. :)
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
peteroddan
Techno Teaboy

Post by peteroddan »

Impossible Mission and California Games today!

Not sure about California Games with the Wii D Pad controller though... anyone else tried it yet?
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Woops, I have to admit it....I bought Impossible Mission AND Calfornia Games yesterday! :shock: Again! 8)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.