The Def Guide to Zzap!64

The Zzap Rrap

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Commodore Horizons
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:48 pm 
Sub Editor

i remember when i got my first computer, which was a c16. one of the first magazines i went out and bought was called 'commodore horizons' (i think issue feb, 84). there's not a lot i can remember about it but it covered the C64, vic20 and c16/+4 mainly. i think it was a little like commodore user as that was back then, serious articles as well as a few game reviews. also type-in programs which was always my favourite feature. anyone know the history of it and why it disappeared?
regards, baz
p.s. great to see zzap again after a long break in one form or another, and a big thanx to all the old crew who gave me a good reason to chuck my money away once a month (cheerz gordy 8) , thats not including this other £25 thereabouts for the cd version which i'll undoubtly be buying very soon, bleed me dry why don't you :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:47 am 
Admin

DOn't worry gordy dosn't see a penny of that :) You can order his book from the front page though, he'll probably get about 12.5p for that! ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:20 am 
Sub Editor

Now this is a blast from the past for me, one of my very first posts here :lol:

Anyway, this is they best place i can think to put this. I was just nosying around on the plus4world site, when i came across this little oddity.

http://plus4world.powweb.com/publications/Commodore_Amiga_Horizons_28

Well after the supposedly final issue 27, there was indeed a final issue 28 but just going under another name which they explained in the editorial and the big (can't miss it) advert somewhere middle of the issue.

At the time I recieved the DVD, I assumed it down to it being unreleased...until now. So I looked in my scan dvd again but the issue obviously still isn't there.

Intriguing or am I looking in the wrong disc? Maybe the guys over on the site still has a copy of it somewhere if Mort doesn't ;)