Is there a detailed list of YourCommodore covertape content?

Commodore Format, Your Commodore, Commodore User etc.
marzsyndrome
Techno Teaboy

Is there a detailed list of YourCommodore covertape content?

Post by marzsyndrome »

Hello there, thought I'd say hi and see if the good folks here at Zzap64.co.uk could help me out with something that's been bugging - if not torturing - me for years on end.

I distinctly remember around late 1990/early 1991 buying this Commodore magazine one time as a 6-year-old that was neither Commodore Format nor Zzap. I can't quite recall the title *exactly* but my mind says it was Your Commodore or something similar along those lines. Anyhoo, I only saw this particular magazine once in my life, never to buy another issue again. I'm not even sure if it was a regular issue or some kind of "special edition", but one thing I do remember was nearly all of the contents on the bundled covertape. There was the full version of Ocean's seminal shooter Firefly, a rolling demo of Last Ninja 3, and a playable demo of Last Ninja Remix (set on one of the later levels I believe, since it used the music from the Office level). If there was a fourth item on the tape I certainly can't for the life of me remember that.

I can't remember how most of the front cover resembled, but I believe the outside area used a good deal of red or pink (not sure).

I did used to have a DVD of Mort's YC scans and tapes but pretty much *everything* I bought off the guy has miraculously gone walkies of late. I'm hoping my parents didn't just decide to give them to a charity shop (or worse, chuck 'em) while my back was turned. =\ Unfortunately I didn't spend enough time on the YC disc to definitively remember the tapes myself.

So yes, if anyone could help me out with either a complete list of YC covertapes, a scan of the front cover I'm thinking of (would have to be from 1990/91), or a confirmation that I got the link between mag and tape right, that'd be grand. Having looked at some scans from YC's later years however, I'm slightly worried I'm thinking of the wrong mag - the magazine I remember didn't use shortened initials on the front at the time.

Thank ye!
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Sounds like that might be EMAP's "Complete Guide to the Commodore 64"... in which case the fourth item on the tape was Trantor the Last Stormtrooper...
marzsyndrome
Techno Teaboy

Post by marzsyndrome »

Aaaaaahhh, yes, my memories of playing Trantor are coming back! Cheers for reminding me of that one!

So a one-off after all eh? Did anyone ever manage to keep a copy, along with tape?

EDIT: Aaaaaah, found this! Yup, definitely the mag I remember from back in the day! Shame it's sold out and tapeless really...
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

I have a copy, and the tape. Don't know if Mort has scanned it?
marzsyndrome
Techno Teaboy

Post by marzsyndrome »

If he has scanned it, I'm not sure where it would fit on a DVD considering it was likely a one-off.

As for the tape, are you able to create a TAP out of it by any chance? :) I could do with reliving a part of my memories with that mag....
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Hopefully he has scanned it, but we'll have to wait until he wanders across this thread.

He has a habit of putting extra bits and pieces on his DVDs to fill up any left over space. So he he has scanned it, it might be on a DVD or site somewhere already.

And if he hasn't scanned it, I'm sure Andrew and Mort could work something out to get it scanned! :)
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

My copy has pencil/pen marks over it, but in pretty good shape.

I do have the tape, but not an expert at getting it converted.