Amiga Power

Commodore Format, Your Commodore, Commodore User etc.
Taff 64
Ken's Fishy Friend

Amiga Power

Post by Taff 64 »

I was just wondering Mort if you were ever going to have a go and scan this superb Amiga mag. I used to own almost every issue years ago but unfortunately the Gargoyle (Wife) made me throw the lot in the bin!
If you are interested Mort then somebody on Ebay is selling every issue!! :D :D :D
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98928&item=8207134809&rd=1

Taff
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hmm, located in Yeovil, Somerset? :wink:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

I am sure somebody is meant to be scanning them on one of the Amiga boards, In anycase I have a complete set ready and waiting if they don`t come up with the goods. If nothing appears I may start doing them anyhow within the next month or so :D
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

I never read Amiga Power but have heard so many great things about it, so I'll be looking forward to those scans Mort! :wink:
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
ncritten
Techno Teaboy

Post by ncritten »

I'll add my vote because of a similar reason to Taff had them all but they were dispossed of :(

Nigel
Taff 64
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Taff 64 »

Mort wrote:I am sure somebody is meant to be scanning them on one of the Amiga boards, In anycase I have a complete set ready and waiting if they don`t come up with the goods. If nothing appears I may start doing them anyhow within the next month or so :D
That would be great if those got scanned!! Another massive project though... :wink:
I'm not 100% sure but I think the Cover disk images are available in the T.O.S.E.C. ADF collection. Those would be a great extra to put with the scans.. :D
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Do you have the preview issue Mort?

Would be happy to put it in your capable scanning hands and then send back to me if you dont
Fave Game: Thrust
Fave Music: Ocean Loader (original)

Discuss & view C64 endings here:

http://www.c64endings.co.uk./
titch
Techno Teaboy

Post by titch »

would love to see these bad boys once again for a good reading. Did anyone ever get round to scanning them?
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Future have put an embargo on all their old Ip, hence the Cf and Ys dvd`s disappearing from the shop. If I could get assurances that hosting them for free download only would be allowed I would get them done asap :roll:
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
titch
Techno Teaboy

Post by titch »

Mort wrote:Future have put an embargo on all their old Ip, hence the Cf and Ys dvd`s disappearing from the shop. If I could get assurances that hosting them for free download only would be allowed I would get them done asap :roll:
Cheers Mort i thought this may be the case. Sad that as AP and Super Play were classics of the times. Hopefully someday they will either release sets themselves or they crop up somewhere as these things tend to do. Either way fantastic work you have done for the other mags.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Future won't release the mags in any form, because the company simply doesn't have the rights to all of the old content.
titch
Techno Teaboy

Post by titch »

Thats a bit of a sickner, i reckon i had about 76-80% of the issues at one point, so i have already paid for the most of them. Ach well hindsight is a great thing.

Mort have you any intention of scanning them before they start to deteriorate.
Dudley
Techno Teaboy

Post by Dudley »

I have a few of them (I won't give the site name they originated from out here for obvious reasons). So they exist.

Strange that Future haven't come down on the several places I've seen various mags of theirs for free so I suspect they're not worried. Always a risk though.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

They just came down on this site because someone from another board (rumllnk UK or something) ratted us out. :(
Taff 64
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Taff 64 »

Been a long time for me to reply on this post but has there been any updates with regards to scanning these Mort? I know that AMR has a lot scanned already but there are loads with missing pages. Future hasn't come down on that site and a few others with some of the scans so it makes me wonder if they would be bothered if you put them up on here?

Taff