Commodore Power

Commodore Format, Your Commodore, Commodore User etc.
Iain
Admin

Commodore Power

Post by Iain »

Someone was looking for scans of these over at Lemon64, but seeing as the site is down at the moment, I'll post them here first.

After much searching, Mort has found the scans he did of all 3 issues. The magazine had mainly the same staff as from YC (Your Commodore)) when it closed.

I was going to put them up on this site to read but I can't find my 12 year old VB program I used to use to encrypt the filenames to stop leeching and the viewing script decrypts to display so it wouldn't work. I think I lost it in a HD crash years ago, so because of that, I've just uploaded the zip file of all the scans for each issue.

The quality of the scans isn't great, but I'd guess most of that is down to the paper quality. Issue 2 is less compressed.
CPower001001tn.jpg
CPower001001tn.jpg (12.25 KiB) Viewed 24071 times
Issue 1 is available here (55MB).
CPower002001tn.jpg
CPower002001tn.jpg (12.92 KiB) Viewed 24071 times
Issue 2 is available here (119MB).
CPower003001tn.jpg
CPower003001tn.jpg (11.9 KiB) Viewed 24071 times
Issue 3 is now available here (38MB).
plume
Techno Teaboy

Re: Commodore Power

Post by plume »

Hi Iain,

Yeah, that was me! Thank you so much for remembering and uploading.

Would'nt have found this thread if I wasn't searching for why Lemon64 was down, so I guess something good came of something bad eh?

Thanks again!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I was going to post the info on Lemon first, but since it's down... my site gets the exclusive. ;-)
plume
Techno Teaboy

Post by plume »

Rather strangely, this magazine seems to be more amusing than I remember. Am I going to hell for that? Also, Lemon seems to be back up for now :)
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

plume wrote:Rather strangely, this magazine seems to be more amusing than I remember. Am I going to hell for that? Also, Lemon seems to be back up for now :)
There was definitely room for humour, but CP always seemed a little puerile compared to classic ZZAP and CF. Mind you, the later issues of YC were like that, and those staff transferred to Lime Lizard to make CP...
debit

Post by debit »

plume wrote:Rather strangely, this magazine seems to be more amusing than I remember. Am I going to hell for that? Also, Lemon seems to be back up for now :)
No, I actually agree that whilst it's no Zzap! or Format in their prime..it isn't actually as utterly abysmal as I seem to remember. Not the same as it being brilliant, obviously, but...interesting to look back on after all this time. Thanks for sharing Iain.