ACE & CU

Commodore Format, Your Commodore, Commodore User etc.
ncritten
Techno Teaboy

ACE & CU

Post by ncritten »

Hi All,

I Need some help locating a couple of articles in ACE and CU, the first was in ACE, it was about Gremlin Graphics and Imposamole on the PC Engine, the second was in Commodore User and was a WIP of Fire and Ice on the Amiga, this was the one with the floppy eared dog instead of the coyote, the CU one if I remember was a half page article and was on the bottom half of the page, if that helps ;)

Cheers
Nigel
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

No any idea what the issue numbers are or what year-ish? I`ve had a look through my The One collection and can only find a 3 page WIP on Fire & Ice and it`s with the coyote! No joy on the Impossamole in ACE - had a look, but could find no articles on Gremlin Graphics on the issues I have.
ncritten
Techno Teaboy

Post by ncritten »

Thanks for checking, the only thing that might not help is that the fire and ice thing in CU is probably between 90 and 92, because it was after paradroid 90 and before Uridium 2.

Impossamole would probably have been around the same time 91 ish

Thanks again
Nigel
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Sorry mate - no look with the Gremlin article in ACE - it was one of those mags I never got on a regular basis - and sods law says I don`t have any of the issues with that article in that you want. However................

I did find the Fire & Ice preview in CU - I was looking in The One for some strange reason for it!!! The CU Amiga article is from June 1991 and like you said is at the bootom half of the page.

I have scanned it for you - if you give me your e-mail address I will send it on
ncritten
Techno Teaboy

Post by ncritten »

Fiery Phoenix wrote:
I did find the Fire & Ice preview in CU - I was looking in The One for some strange reason for it!!! The CU Amiga article is from June 1991 and like you said is at the bootom half of the page.

I have scanned it for you - if you give me your e-mail address I will send it on
Thats really great, if its under 4mb :lol: could you send it to NintendoN5@yahoo.com

Thanks
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

No probs - it`s just over 1 meg. I checked it out and the quality looks ok - if for any reason it looks a bit dodgy or it does not come thru properly, let me know and I`ll scan and re-send it again.
ncritten
Techno Teaboy

Post by ncritten »

Fiery Phoenix wrote:No probs - it`s just over 1 meg. I checked it out and the quality looks ok - if for any reason it looks a bit dodgy or it does not come thru properly, let me know and I`ll scan and re-send it again.
Great thanks and nice and big as well.

June 1991 is that the cover date also had the name changed to CU Amiga at that point, at least I can watch for it on EBay...

Thanks again for the scan.

BTW if you have The One, do you have the One with the article about Sabre Wulf coming to the Amiga, I've got nearly all of The One but that is one of the ones I'm missing?

Cheers
Nigel
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Yep, it`s CU Amiga mate.

Regarding The One - I can`t recall the Sabre Wulf article - however I did see the Amiga preview of Underwurlde when I was looking for Fire & Ice. If you let me know what issue`s of The One you have not got which you think it may be in, I`ll check if I have those issues and look for the article for you.
ncritten
Techno Teaboy

Post by ncritten »

I've found it, if you want to check it out its in Issue 8, page 12

Thanks
Nigel