Mag scans

Commodore Format, Your Commodore, Commodore User etc.
fogartylee
Techno Teaboy

Mag scans

Post by fogartylee »

Howdy.

I'm going to have a go at setting up a torrent server for morts pdf's on my site. If it works, I am happy to do the same for non-speccy magazines. Should cut down on the leechers.
RichH6109
Freelancer

Post by RichH6109 »

Sounds good. Some of my CDs now have errors due to scratches (particularly Zzap CD5), getting them this way should stop me from pulling my hair out.
fogartylee
Techno Teaboy

Post by fogartylee »

Well the torrent thing was a bad idea. One user has decided to download 110 files today. This is killing my PC!

I am still happy to host torrents of pdf'd mags for you though, but I will have to make it a members only thing & restrict downloads. I will also be doing this with the speccy stuff.

Ideas for restrictions are either limit the number of times a file can be downloaded in a day, or restrict users to a certain number daily. I don't have the ability to check that they received the file, or to see how much has been downloaded.
fogartylee
Techno Teaboy

Post by fogartylee »

OK, the torrents have slowed down to an acceptable level, so if you have the mags, I will create a folder on my website for the pdf torrents. All I need now are the mags!

I will set up a page separate from my site with the links as soon as I have something to work with. Anyone want to design the page? If not, it will follow the same format as the mags section currently has.