The Def Guide to Zzap!64
http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzap-rrap/

Lost Steve Lee game
http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzap-rrap/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=521
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Taff 64 [ Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Lost Steve Lee game

Does anybody know which magazine contains a lost type in listing by Steve Lee of Falcon patrol fame?
I think the game had something to do with rats.
I would be gratefull if somebody could tell me which mag it is in.
I used to own the mag years ago possibly 1983 or 84. I think it was in Commodore user or Horizons. I own the first 4 issues of Horizons but it isn't in those. :(

Thanks

Taff64

Author:  Mort [ Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Found it,
Its in one of my work in progress sets, Commodore Horizons issue 12 (December 84) and was called Rat Whack.

Have scanned this issue so will email you the scans of the program :wink:

Author:  Iain [ Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Trust Mort to have it / know about it :)

I was about to ask him whether he had any C= Horizons to start scanning them :)

Did Steve write Falcon Patrol 2 as well? That was a great game, played it a hell of a lot, even released a version of it that saved your high scores to disk! (available right here on this site!!)

Author:  Taff 64 [ Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:11 am ]
Post subject: 

Yeah he wrote both.
Fantastic that you have that Mort. Looks like I'll have to buy the Horizons CDs... :D
I'll probably type it out then because i'm sure the GB64 team will want it seeing as it's written by a well known programmer :D :D :D

Author:  Taff 64 [ Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:15 am ]
Post subject: 

Just read the bit about the email Mort. That would be wicked if you could do that for me.. :wink:
Thanks... :D

Author:  Pugsy [ Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Taff 64 wrote:
Yeah he wrote both.
Fantastic that you have that Mort. Looks like I'll have to buy the Horizons CDs... :D
I'll probably type it out then because i'm sure the GB64 team will want it seeing as it's written by a well known programmer :D :D :D



Sure do, the scans and/or the typed out listing would be great.

Author:  Mort [ Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

Scans posted, Pugsy Pm me if you need those, or any others as the Commodore Horizons mag did a Star programmer slot with typeins by Jeff Minter etc etc

Author:  MightyAxLe [ Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lost Steve Lee game

Taff 64 wrote:
Does anybody know which magazine contains a lost type in listing by Steve Lee of Falcon patrol fame?
I think the game had something to do with rats.
I would be gratefull if somebody could tell me which mag it is in.
I used to own the mag years ago possibly 1983 or 84. I think it was in Commodore user or Horizons. I own the first 4 issues of Horizons but it isn't in those. :(

Thanks

Taff64


You are in luck my friend ! I actually typed out this Game from Morts Commodore Horizons Scan. The Game does have a little bug in it though, but does run. Perhaps someone might be able to de-bug the Game ? It places a Mono duplicate of the Main Character in the top left hand corner and stops the Rat from running around. If you e-mail me, I'll send it to you !

Edit : Rat Whack is now available from my Website : [ www.btinternet.com/~alex.aris/plc.htm ]

Author:  mully [ Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

Anyone know what Steve Lee is doing these days ?

Author:  Iain [ Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lost Steve Lee game

MightyAxLe wrote:
Edit : Rat Whack is now available from my Website : [ www.btinternet.com/~alex.aris/plc.htm ]


Great idea/site, I assume you check with Gamebase64 first to make sure they aren't a part of it already and thus save yourself hours of eye squinting and typing? :)

Author:  MightyAxLe [ Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lost Steve Lee game

Iain wrote:
MightyAxLe wrote:
Edit : Rat Whack is now available from my Website : [ www.btinternet.com/~alex.aris/plc.htm ]


Great idea/site, I assume you check with Gamebase64 first to make sure they aren't a part of it already and thus save yourself hours of eye squinting and typing? :)


Glad you liked the Site ! I think there is a shed load of Program Listings that are missing from Magazines and Books. I have checked on GameBase and they do have some Basic Games. At the moment, I am having a go at typing-in several Listings and gathering modified ones to correct for the specific Book or Magazine. Anyone else is welcome to join in typing-in Listings for submission on my Site or GameBase, the more the merrier ! ;) I think that Frank G. Tout had some cracking Games published in Your Commodore ! :)

Edit : Is this Art by Frank G Tout [ http://www.3dshop.com/cgi-bin/Gallery/s ... out&page=1 ] ? His e-mail address is broken ! :cry: It looks like maybe based in Torquay, Devon ! :shock:

Author:  Taff 64 [ Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thats a great site there Axle. I started to type out the listings from Your Computer magazine for the 64. A mammoth task. I've type out about 5 so far which have been added to Gamebase64.
Unfortunately I have child care issues now so don't get much time to type them out anymore!!
I own nearly all the Your Compter Mags from 83-85 which had all the best C64 type-ins IMO... :wink:

Author:  Iain [ Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Taff 64 wrote:
child care issues now so don't get much time to type them out anymore!!


Wow, I wonder if Mort has scanned in all copies of "child care"? :-D hoho

Author:  MightyAxLe [ Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Taff 64 wrote:
Thats a great site there Axle. I started to type out the listings from Your Computer magazine for the 64. A mammoth task. I've type out about 5 so far which have been added to Gamebase64.
Unfortunately I have child care issues now so don't get much time to type them out anymore!!
I own nearly all the Your Compter Mags from 83-85 which had all the best C64 type-ins IMO... :wink:


Your Commodore was the *best* 64 Mag ! What Programs did you type out ? I hope to do a few too, I started Scramble by F G Tout, this will be finished in the near future. I am not sure what the backlog on GameBase is like, but I'm sure there will be lots of Program Listings Games available soon. My site isn't to compete with GameBase, only to make available unmodified Listings, as they were intended.

Glad you liked my site ! :)

Author:  Sixteen Plus [ Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:28 am ]
Post subject: 

dang, i remember that scramble listing, unfortunately i just owned a (rather fabulous) C16 at the time so lost out, but may just rectify that one soon...but there was a green alien C16 listing game in the same issue (which i'm 99.99% sure of) which i'm struggling to remember the name of, i'm still waiting for the DVD to plop itself on my doormat but can anyone tell me what it was called and what issue it was in?

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/