The Games Machine issue 200

Commodore Format, Your Commodore, Commodore User etc.
Fab
Freelancer

The Games Machine issue 200

Post by Fab »

The Games Machine, the mag born as the Italian edition of Zzap! sister mag, survived when the original TGM closed and was replaced by Raze, and also when Newsfield went bust.

On last September it turned 17, and this month (October 2005), issue 200 came out. It has a special feature which looks back at the last 17 years of video gaming, from the point of view of TGM. It was born to host 16-bit computers such as Amiga and Atari ST (as opposed to the Italian Zzap!, which was dedicated to all 8-bit computers), then it evolved to embrace PCs. In a few years, it became an all-PC mag. The special seldom mentions Newsfield (it doesn't even mention the demise of the original TGM and the birth of Raze, but it does the end of Newsfield), but it is an interesting read nevertheless.

It also mentions Zzap!, but mostly the Italian edition. For a period, Italian Zzap! ceased to be a stand-alone mag, but kept living as a feature inside TGM.

Some info on the issue can be found at http://www.tgmonline.it/ , clicking on "In edicola". Needless to say I bought a copy :)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Ha Grazie!
Could you scan the piece of Zzap history?

Ta!
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.