C64 on GP32

Chat about emulation and retro in general
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Iain wrote:So it's easy enough to downgrade the BIOS no matter what version you get when you buy the PSP?
Its relatively straightforward - There are dodgy firmware links that can make your PSP useless. If anyone needs a guide to downgrading or upgrading, just pm me for a link.
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Bazza
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Bazza »

Iain wrote:So it's easy enough to downgrade the BIOS no matter what version you get when you buy the PSP?
There's a downgrader for FW 2.0. So I had to upgrade to 2.0, then downgrade to 1.5 from there.

There are some eboot loaders for FW2.0 that can load some homebrew software without the need for downgrading. I'm not sure if PSPVice works with a 2.0 eboot loader or not though as I'm happy to stick with 1.5.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

LeeT wrote: Its relatively straightforward - There are dodgy firmware links that can make your PSP useless.
The dodgy ones are nothing to do with Sony I;m sure! :-D

All sounds very interesting but I wouldn't be in the market for a PSP until they come down in price a lot...
RichH6109
Freelancer

Post by RichH6109 »

Just purchased a GP2X - anyone who owns one already care to comment on the C64/Amiga emulation?
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

RichH6109 wrote:Just purchased a GP2X - anyone who owns one already care to comment on the C64/Amiga emulation?
I haven't tried the Amiga emulator yet but its suppossed to be quite good.
C64 emulation is very good - Not *quite* as good as on the GP32 but getting there! :)
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com