Net play

Chat about emulation and retro in general
brian_dead
Freelancer

Net play

Post by brian_dead »

I noticed a few of my emulators (like the snes one) have an online gaming option, but how do you use it? where can you find players?
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Most use a system called "kaillera", which uses a Net connection to synchronise the games.

CCS v3 (later versions) has this as an option.

As for finding players, when you try to start a Kaillera-based game, the emulator will typically give you a list of game servers. Click on a server and you will go to the game "lobby", where you can find people playing the same game. Join or create a game and it will start.

There is a dedicated CCS connection for Gamebase users (see the forum at www.gb64.com) but you can also start your own server with Kaillera.
brian_dead
Freelancer

Post by brian_dead »

cheers for that.

I used to love your tech pages, it was nice to know there was someone out there who still saw the c64 as a serious computer. on reflection there should of been more of it in the mag (and more PD).
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Thanks for the compliment.
brian_dead
Freelancer

Post by brian_dead »

your welcome!

The tech pages turned up just when i needed them, i didnt have a disk drive, i couldnt afford to upgrade (i didnt get an amiga until 1995!) and most of my games had stoped loading.
I still had faith in this little computer and i wanted to see what it could do.