Cinemaware - All games free !

Chat about emulation and retro in general
dabbler
Techno Teaboy

Cinemaware - All games free !

Post by dabbler »

Not sure if this has been posted in the past, but anyway Cinemaware now have all their C64 and Amiga title free to download! http://www.cinemaware.com It Came from The Desert is still a bit eerie today! Great fun!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

There's has been no news on the site for around 2 years and the forum is filled with junk messages posted by two people.

What happened to Cinemaware, did they go bust? It's strange that the website is there but I guess they paid for years in advance...

And it's the same story with the Bitmap Brothers

http://www.bitmap-brothers.co.uk/front.htm

:(
richard
Techno Teaboy

Post by richard »

sad about the bitmap brothers. speedball arena looked absolutely stunning, online multiplayer, leagues, the lot. Damn shame
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Damn! I just went back to the website to look for info on Speedball arena (and damn that strippy background has wrecked my eyes, all I can while typing here is stripes on my keyboard!!!) and it seemed very promising.

Can you imagine online Speedball leagues? Better not to think about it too much :`-(
richard
Techno Teaboy

Post by richard »

I know, I could almost cry! Back in 2002 it was promised to be released really soon, getting league results on the mobile and lots of other cool stuff. I usually get my ass kicked by 13 year old kids online, but I think speedball online could have balanced things out :D Last full price game I bought for the c64!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I played it on my mate's (and then my own) Amiga, we'd trash the hell out of eachother and we'd connect the sound through his sound system and have the ambulance sound pumping out and the great "ice cream, ice cream" phrase :)

I had a look at the C64 version when it came out, but it didn't seem all that great, especially since I was used to the Amiga version.

I played the emulated version on my xBox a while back, very hard to play with those damn joypads though! :(