Problem with Shadow of the Beast

Chat about emulation and retro in general
Nightfaery
Ken's Fishy Friend

Problem with Shadow of the Beast

Post by Nightfaery »

I have the CCS64 Emulator and it's brilliant. I'm having trouble with Shadow of the Beast though, when I run it, it runs fine but when I get to the cheat select screen (it's a cracked version by Antitrack/Legend) the cursor refuses to go downwards. I know it's not the way I've configured it because it works fine on everything else. Does anyone else have this problem and is it the actual file? Any way of sorting it because I can't find any other .d64 files online. Thanks. *^_^* \m/
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

That'll be because the cursor keys are defined as the joystick movement. You'll have to temporarily disable them being defined as the joystick to get through the cheat screen, and then reassign them.
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Nightfaery
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Nightfaery »

That worked, thank you! It's one of me favourite games. However I am unfamailiar with the multi-load as I have it as a catridge back home (argh, multi-load)!. Oh it was revolutionary! And when the C64 didn't work, the cart always made it work (I also had Outrun). I'm waffling. *^_^* \m/
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Well cartridge images are available online for use in emulators instead of relying on disk cracks of them.

(you've come to the right person here as I'm the cart king heh)
Nightfaery
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Nightfaery »

Mayhem wrote:Well cartridge images are available online for use in emulators instead of relying on disk cracks of them.

(you've come to the right person here as I'm the cart king heh)
Hm, that would be useful. I'll have a look. It's a shame SotB was a multiload game because it's so good and it kind of slows it down. *^_^* \m/
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

My website is linked in my profile. Just go navigate to the cartridges section :)
Nightfaery
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Nightfaery »

Mayhem wrote:My website is linked in my profile. Just go navigate to the cartridges section :)
Thanks. Had a look. You have a lot of German stuff. *^_^* \m/