Zzap binders

Everything else about Zzap
RichH6109
Freelancer

Zzap binders

Post by RichH6109 »

Quick question? What year do the original Zzap binders go up to? I've got 1985-1988.

I've decided to try and get a few of the later issues to add to my original collection (1-60) but there doesn't seem to be much of a market for the later issues. Unless you count the Ebay sellers attempting to sell Issue 78 for 20 quid.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I've got a 1992 sticker on one of mine. I guess you can get year stickers until it changed into Commodore Force (good luck getting a Cf binder!!)

The later Zzap issues should be pretty cheap when they do come up, although I guess the circulation figures were down, so that makes them "rarer".

Certainly don't go anywhere near those buy it now rip offs anyway.
RichH6109
Freelancer

Post by RichH6109 »

I'm struggling to find where else to source the magazines from. Everyone looks to Ebay to make a quick buck.

Any forumites have any spares to sell?
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

The binders were sold throughout the years, but you got a sheet of stickers with 85-88 on them if you bought at that time, and 89-92 if you bought later on. I believe all my binders have year labels on them, have to go check.
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

What issues you looking for?

I'm pretty sick of eBay myself these days, sick of seeing buy it now Zzaps for silly money and copies of Mort's DVDs.
RichH6109
Freelancer

Post by RichH6109 »

I'm trying to lay my hands on anything after issue 55-ish. I was an early upgrader to an A500 so I stopped buying Zzap when the Amiga coverage got poor/non-existent. I've got the odd issue after that point and I sold a few of my collection back in 2002 (I think to Mayhem :) ) to pay the overdue rent. I'm also trying to track down some of the old Retro Gamers as well (anything pre-issue 22).

I've been trying most of the online Ebay alternatives as well as car boot sales etc but without much luck. I fully understand people want to maximise their proceeds through Ebay but some of the constantly cycling £29 buy-it-now offers are starting to get on my nerves.
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

You know, that might ring a vague bell Rich... did you sell a complete set of Games Machine at the same time? If so, then yes, it was me who got them...
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

RichH6109 wrote:I'm trying to lay my hands on anything after issue 55-ish. I was an early upgrader to an A500 so I stopped buying Zzap when the Amiga coverage got poor/non-existent. I've got the odd issue after that point and I sold a few of my collection back in 2002 (I think to Mayhem :) ) to pay the overdue rent. I'm also trying to track down some of the old Retro Gamers as well (anything pre-issue 22).
I don't have many double post 55 issues, in fact almost none, since I got every issue from 44 onwards so didn't need to buy any of them in lots (and thus how I'd get spares)

I do have an issue 2 of Retro gamer with DVD if you are interested?
RichH6109
Freelancer

Post by RichH6109 »

PM sent on the RG Issue 2.

It looks like you started buying Zzap just as I stopped. I don't think I've even seen a copy of Commodore Force in the flesh (I've read them through Mort's discs).