C64 re-launched!

Everything else about Zzap
Ockhams Razor
Ken's Fishy Friend

C64 re-launched!

Post by Ockhams Razor »

http://tech.uk.msn.com/christmas/photos ... 569&page=3

Imagine this: a fully functional PC, complete with Blu-ray drive, multi-card reader and digital video outputs, housed in an exact replica of the original Commodore 64. You're not dreaming - Commodore USA has reinvented its timeless classic for the 21st century, and it should start shipping in late January.

No details about pricing yet, but you'll have to supply your own version of Windows. The C64 ships with Commodore's own WorkBench 5 operating system complete with various Commodore emulators (including Vic 20 and C64), allowing you to relive those golden games of yesteryear - assuming they've survived the ravages of time, of course...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Looks interesting and better than that laptop without a screen that was being re-branded by someone (same company?) a while back.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Should start shipping in late January... that inspires me with a lot of confidence.

Now, when I first heard about it earlier in the year while it was undergoing problems with licensing the name, I didn't want to have anything to do with it. Then I recently read a post on the Remix64 forum about the guy behind it, who is a genuine C64 fan and not just looking to cash in.

But I'm still not convinced.
drcrypto
Staffer

Floppy Drive?

Post by drcrypto »

How will you B able to use your original SFW? For them to do it right, it should come with a way to load your original floppy disks, cassette tapes, and plug in modules.
Life's a Bitch then you Die!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Afraid not. It's basically a PC in a C64 case with the C64 bits just an emulator, so no chance to attach any original hardware.
drcrypto
Staffer

Nostalgia

Post by drcrypto »

That sucks. Nostalgia aint what it use to be.
Life's a Bitch then you Die!
justin_ruch1180
Techno Teaboy

Post by justin_ruch1180 »

Bought this one!!
All natural ingredients are included in semenax & virility ex.