New DVDs at the Zzuperstore

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Mort wrote:It is a denied magazine as someone has already scanned it, I advised world of spectrum to host as they are happy with multiformats being on the site.
bomb *cough* jack ......
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Seems Future own ACE and C&VG, so they are now removed from the Zzuperstore.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Iain wrote:Seems Future own ACE and C&VG, so they are now removed from the Zzuperstore.
I absolutely refuse to buy any more Future mags. What a bunch of arses...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well, they have been quite nice about it and it's their right to uphold their copyright, it's just a pity they don't do anything with them. Let's hope they don't buy any more old brands / magazines!
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Iain wrote:Well, they have been quite nice about it and it's their right to uphold their copyright, it's just a pity they don't do anything with them. Let's hope they don't buy any more old brands / magazines!
The sensible side of me completely agrees with you of course, but on the other hand, protecting their intellectual property on magazines that were closed years ago (because they weren't making enough money) for 'dead' formats?

Games I understand because they can be released again in various guises, but magazines?

I would love to read Amiga Format again (at least the issues I don't have) but can I? Closed because of low sales. Unavailable 'officially'. And like you said, it's not as if they're doing anything with these titles...

Come on...

/rant
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

It's a pity no doubt, I can understand about C&VG since that's an ongoing concern with the website (although I doubt they have articles older than a couple of months on there), but things like Commodore Format...? :(

Maybe in another 50 years.. or whenever any copyright might run out!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Start saving your pennies, Mort has come up with the goods again. The Amiga Computing DVD is now finished and will be added to the Zzuperstore quite soon.

I've been browsing a few issues. It's a bit sad reading the first issue, all optimistic about the future of the Amiga and knowing what happened. :`-(

A great magazine, one of my favourites.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Amiga computing was a good egg in my book. I liked it...

I do believe that on one of their earlier cover disks (7), there was a game called 'The Brain' which was a 3D noughts and crosses. I still fixated with that game today, playing it by emulation.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

The Amiga blew me away when I first saw it. So many great memories...
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Bloody hell! It's been ages since I've dropped in here and I logged on with some trepidation fearing to find an abandoned wasteland ...

And lo and behold here are all the regular Zzap! goons. :)

Oh, ummm ... stay on topic ... curse you Future! And, errr ... I liked the Amiga, too, but still always preferred the c64.
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

gordon wrote:The Amiga blew me away when I first saw it. So many great memories...
I still remember it in my local independent computer shop in the window demoing "Juggler".

Wow!
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

:-) Yeah, seems crazily basic now.

I had one of those 1084S monitors and played Backlash to death on it... Fantastic game.
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

I used to go to my mate's house and we'd play two-player Silkworm all evening. Unbelievable two-player game, that.

I own his Amiga 1200 now, along with about 100 boxed original games from back then. Pity a lot of them don't work now...
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

Iain wrote:Seems Future own ACE and C&VG, so they are now removed from the Zzuperstore.
I caught up on this one late. Glad I bought Commodore Format and C&VG in time.

It would be fair play if they were actually going to rerelease the magazines themselves, but seeing as they have no intentions in doing so, their property intellectual rights seems a little, well um unintellectual if nobody is allowed to read it.

Even though they're not making money from these DVD's, they should be grateful they've been preserved for archive.

Did they hold copies of all the scans before Mort scanned them? It somehow feels that Future would've allowed all the copies to crumble away into dust before even thinking about digitally preserving the magazines themselves just out of pure stubborness. I find that a little daft.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Added at last. Takes a while to get around to and actually do, it's all a bit of a last century manual process!

Amiga Computing DVD at the Zzuperstore

A double DVD this time too.