Rewritten Home Page

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

Rewritten Home Page

Post by Iain »

The home page of the site has been rewritten in PHP and the recent message functionality also redone for the new phpBB3 forum. You shouldn't notice much difference apart from the fancy jQuery book slider.

It ended up taking a good few hours, but it was good to be working on the backend of the old site again!

The redirects for all old home page link to the new one should be working, although it seems I killed the home page of Compilation64 (and I assume theburrow) for a while. They seems to work okay for me now when I tried them in Opera and through a web proxy but still not in my Firefox, so I'm hoping it's a cache issue.

Can you guys go to the following two links and let me know if you see anything other than the home pages for those two sites. i.e. if you see the main Zzap home page than something is wrong.

Compilation64

The Burrow
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Re: Written Home Page

Post by PaulEMoz »

Main ZZAP! home page for both of those links, for me...
Iain
Admin

Re: Written Home Page

Post by Iain »

Yeap, it didn't actually work first off.

After much head scratching and Apache .htaccess research and an hour or two... I believe I have it now. The rule should ignore those two subdomains and only redirect the two files I specify and nothing else... oh the joy of regular expressions etc. ;-)

So all feel free to try again (or for the first time) and report back.

Thanks
andy vaisey
Director

Re: Rewritten Home Page

Post by andy vaisey »

All works good here! Nice one!

Guess I need to get back to work on Comp64...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

andy vaisey wrote: Guess I need to get back to work on Comp64...
You certainly should, since I spent an hour or two making sure your site still works! ;-)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Since I seem to be on a productive run (and have time since mother and child are away for a couple of days) I also converted the ZzapBack comments in the reviews section to work with phpBB3 as well. (It picks up your username for adding / editing or deleting a comment)

After all this work. I think it's back to doing the new Zzapbible...