"Spooks" game submitted to the covertape?

Tell us about what Zzap meant to you as a lad
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

"Spooks" game submitted to the covertape?

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Had an e-mail today (through my SEUCK Vault website) and wondered if anyone could help?
My friend made an excellent collection of platform games under the name of ‘Spooks’ (and variations of) which were based upon a zombie character who climbed ladders and shot white blobs (of something or other?). Not to be confused with the ‘Mastertronics’ game of the same name.
Unfortunately he has lost possession of the original tapes but I know that he did send off his games to Zzap! 64 and Commodore Format in the hope that his games would be included on their free tapes. He never did get of the games included but I was wondering if you had heard of these games through any old magazine publisher contacts. I have had a look on your site ‘the seuck vault’ but cannot find them. Do you have contact with anyone from these magazines, and if so would they happen to have a stock pile of old tapes which were sent in by fans? If so i’d be very interested in knowing if they have a list of applicants.
I know we all hope there is a lost treasure trove of tapes/disks/review copies out there, but do any of the staff recognise something from the description?