I am New

Everything else not related to emulation
Terry93D
Ken's Fishy Friend

I am New

Post by Terry93D »

...ish. I've been hanging around the forums (actually the website) for some days now, drinking in the glory that is Zzap!64.

On the Internet I'm mostly known by two distinctions pre-eminent, and various other monikers, but the two ones I use most are Bughuntertf and Terry93D. I've actually been talking to Ian when I wondered if the DVDs/CDs would work on my NTSC DVD player, I am happy to report they do.

Also: Hello. I'm new.
andy vaisey
Director

Re: I am New

Post by andy vaisey »

Welcome!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Still waiting to hear back from Mort about those cover images!
Terry93D
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Terry93D »

As they say, patience is a virtue. My offer remains open probably indefinitely, but life takes strange turns at the most odd of times, so you never know. But, in all likelihood, it won't change at all.

For those unaware:

I have offered to create new cover images for the magazine DVDs/CDs because frankly, they're not that good looking, and I'd be happy to design new ones. I'm not a genius at images; but I should be able to whip up something that looks fairly good.

Also (to Iain):

Here in the US of A, one can print out a cover for a DVD on a piece of A4 paper and slip it into the plastic thing and wa-lah. Is it different in Britain?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Terry93D wrote: Also (to Iain):

Here in the US of A, one can print out a cover for a DVD on a piece of A4 paper and slip it into the plastic thing and wa-lah. Is it different in Britain?
That's the way Mort does it as far as I know. I think he has a fancy colour laser printer these days as well.
Terry93D
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Terry93D »

Iain wrote:
Terry93D wrote: Also (to Iain):

That's the way Mort does it as far as I know. I think he has a fancy colour laser printer these days as well.
Ah, okay.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, my computer had a spot of issues. However, such problems have been resolved.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I got a response back from Mort anyway:
The dvds should still have the inlays as jpgs on them. Happy to let terry do a redesign.
I guess I'll email you with what would be nice to still have on them (re text mainly) and then you can go off and see what you come up with :)
Terry93D
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Terry93D »

Iain wrote:I got a response back from Mort anyway:
The dvds should still have the inlays as jpgs on them. Happy to let terry do a redesign.
I guess I'll email you with what would be nice to still have on them (re text mainly) and then you can go off and see what you come up with :)
Sure, I'd be happy to. Just send me the magazine covers and logo images and I shall have something for you before the year's end.

--Terry93D
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Terry93D wrote: Sure, I'd be happy to. Just send me the magazine covers and logo images and I shall have something for you before the year's end.
Sounds good and if you get bored during the rest of the year, you can do a website redesign for here too! ;-)
Terry93D
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Terry93D »

Iain wrote:
Terry93D wrote: Sure, I'd be happy to. Just send me the magazine covers and logo images and I shall have something for you before the year's end.
Sounds good and if you get bored during the rest of the year, you can do a website redesign for here too! ;-)
:lol: I can't code at all. Not even in BASIC. I don't have the patience to learn coding, I'm afraid. Image design on the other hand I can do well (Or so I like to think :wink:)
Terry93D
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Terry93D »

A question: Normal A4 (8.3 by 11.7) size or A4 "Letter" (8.5 by 11) size?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Terry93D wrote: :lol: I can't code at all. Not even in BASIC. I don't have the patience to learn coding, I'm afraid. Image design on the other hand I can do well (Or so I like to think :wink:)
Well I meant frontend, no HTML / CSS? ;-)
Terry93D
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Terry93D »

Iain wrote:
Terry93D wrote: :lol: I can't code at all. Not even in BASIC. I don't have the patience to learn coding, I'm afraid. Image design on the other hand I can do well (Or so I like to think :wink:)
Well I meant frontend, no HTML / CSS? ;-)
Errr, 'frontend'? I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what that means...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Terry93D wrote: Errr, 'frontend'? I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what that means...
Might not be a goer then ;-) I mean "front end", the graphical forward facing part of a web site as contrasted with the "back end" the code and logic behind the web site, although Javascript confuses that explanation a bit!