BIT Live Brighton 20th June 2015

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

BIT Live Brighton 20th June 2015

Post by Iain »

Chris is organising another Back In Time Live for the 20th June! This time it's via a Kickstarter that is starting at 8pm on the 6th of February. Get in early and be in with a chance to upgrade to the after party event (for an extra £10).

I'd also recommend booking accommodation now or very soon if going as Brighton is rather expensive for the most part. Most bookings via hotel.com etc. are fully refundable a few days before the stay date, so you lose nothing if the Kickstarter isn't successful. There's a document on the Kickstarter site page with more information about options.

Back In Time Lives are great for the music and as a meetup for the C64 community. I'm going so let's try to get plenty of us there!

http://www.bitbrighton.com

Here's some info from the press releases:
BIT Live Brighton 20th June 2015 Information
BIT Live Brighton 20th June 2015 Information
1200x1200 graphic resized to 800.jpg (165.42 KiB) Viewed 70699 times
# Back in Time Brighton: C64/Amiga live concert (with ninjas) seeks Kickstarter funding for June 2015 event

Since 2001’s inaugural Back in Time, the event has been synonymous with keeping alive classic videogame music. Now, Back in Time 2015 seeks Kickstarter support, to fund a live five-hour concert on June 20, 2015, at St. George’s Church, Brighton.

SID80s, PRESS PLAY ON TAPE, FASTLOADERS and others will play their takes on iconic C64 and Amiga tunes such as Monty on the Run, Monkey Island and Cannon Fodder, to a crowd of 550.

The afternoon prior to the concert will find C64-themed pub experiences turn Brighton into an extension of the concert venue. Additionally, there will be an aftershow event in the Thomas Kemp pub. Ninjas are planned.

The event is seeking funding of £15,000 and the campaign starts on February 6, 2015 at 20:00 GMT. Upon funding, this will be the biggest-ever Kickstarter for a retro-related concert.

For more information, visit: http://www.bitbrighton.com https://www.facebook.com/BackInTimeLive (Facebook) http://www.twitter.com/BackInTimeLive (Twitter).

===

# About the acts

SID80s: A C64 supergroup formed in 2003, led by Jon Hare (Sensible Software), Ben Daglish (Gremlin/WEMUSIC) and Mark Knight (Codemasters), all of whom are accomplished live musicians.

PRESS PLAY ON TAPE: A Danish group formed in 2001, who have played Roskilde Festival and The Gathering, featured on CNN, and appeared in newspapers and magazines such as The Independent (UK), Ekstrabladet (DK), Dagbladet (DK), Bizarre (UK) and Videogiochi (IT).

FASTLOADERS: A Norwegian group debuting at the event to play rock arrangements of tunes from System 3’s The Last Ninja Trilogy.

Other confirmed special guests include: Matt Gray (Last Ninja 2, Driller), Simon Nicol (Crazy Comets, Mega Apocalypse), David Dunn (Elite, Finders Keepers, Gilligan’s Gold), and Fred Gray (Batman, Mutants, Frankie Goes To Hollywood), with more to follow.
Iain
Admin

Re: BIT Live Brighton 20th June 2015

Post by Iain »

Since this isn't too far after the Zzap 30th anniversary it would be nice to have a bit of a forum meetup as well. Probably not too much chance of getting ex staff there though. I do recall meeting a Mr. Liddon at a previous BIT event I believe though.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Iain wrote:Since this isn't too far after the Zzap 30th anniversary it would be nice to have a bit of a forum meetup as well. Probably not too much chance of getting ex staff there though. I do recall meeting a Mr. Liddon at a previous BIT event I believe though.
Gaz was at St Luke's in 2004.

Don't know if I will be able to make this :(
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Professor Brian Strain wrote:
Don't know if I will be able to make this :(
That would be a pity, hopefully you can.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I've pledged and there's good movement right at the start. Some of the very limited pledges are going fast.

If you can't make it, you can also pledge a fiver and get a digital album from the C64Audio online shop.
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

I'll be there one way or another.

(cue everyone running the other way heh)
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Going by your photo collections, you've been to every one Mayhem?

You also managed to get some cheapish accommodation didn't you? I got a room in a guesthouse booked for around €100. The reviews are rather mixed for it, but I won't be actually there for much time so it should work out okay... :)
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Yeah, including the one in Germany, I don't have photos for that (as explained on the Kickstarter heh). Chris believes I'm the only person to have gone to every single event, even he didn't make it over for the German event.

And yeah, I found some "cheap-ish" accommodation for £75 for the night in a proper hotel not that far from the event, so "bargains" can be had.
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Mayhem wrote:Yeah, including the one in Germany, I don't have photos for that (as explained on the Kickstarter heh). Chris believes I'm the only person to have gone to every single event, even he didn't make it over for the German event.
That's impressive. he should give you some special badge or something. ;-)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Okay, just over a day to go now and it is getting close to be funded (it looked a bit dodgy the first couple of weeks but the momentum has been building).

So get yourselves, tickets to the event, aftershow and t-shirts etc. so it will be funded and I can have my weekend away! :-)

There are also a good few funding options even if you can't physically go, video bootlegs, t-shirts etc.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

FUNDED! I had my doubts after the first week, but it really has rallied the past week and somewhat amazingly has made it.

We'll have to see who is going from here and organise a meet up in one of the designated BIT pubs!