Coo-eeeee?

Everything else not related to emulation
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Coo-eeeee?

Post by PaulEMoz »

I can see tumbleweeds blowing through here! Where is everyone?
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Hibernating. After all, it _is_ autumn.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Who are you calling a tumbleweed? ;) But you're right, I can hear a cold wind blowing through this place... Doom... Gloom... Is it the end? Is it?

Nah. Just quiet for a few weeks again. I'm just glad no one's mentioned Zzap!#108 in a while.

Oh shit...

g.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Certainly is quiet alright! I've moved house a couple of weeks ago and I don't have broadband access at the moment :(( so I can't bear to use dail up all that often, but fear not, I am getting broadband reinstalled in a week or two so I can browse the internet 24/7 at a decent speed. gawd, dailup is reeeeally shit!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

dailup is reeeeally shit!
Tell me about it!
Just got ADSL last week, and that's indeed quite an experience after my 56k modem :shock: .

Got fed up with Kazaa after a week though. (after downloading my wish list of mp3's (Beach boys - Do it again, at laaast!) & all goals of Bergkamp.(against Newcastle, remember?)

I never-ever wanna go back to the ''beep-deep-deep-peep-tu-tuuu-glrghrghgrrllgrgrllrr-eh'' days.
Ta!
Rob
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

biggestjim wrote:Just got ADSL last week, and that's indeed quite an experience after my 56k modem :shock: .
In some ways, I wish I'd have stayed with dial-up. Virgin's service is not good, and the hardware they recommend crashes my previously rock-solid iBook at least once every day. I'm hoping Zen will enable a transition, otherwise I may well lose my giraffe. I mean sanity.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Alright, but do you know what kind of phonebills we were getting!? :shock:
But indeed, I have to admit too that my dialup was also more stable then my adsl connection. But the advantage of finally being able to download a file of ,say 24 mb (like smila's retromag) is groooovy.
Hi,
ROb
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Well, I'm putting in a cease request today, as Virgin doesn't allow migration (bastards). Give it five weeks and hopefully I'll have a half-decent service.

With any luck I'll also get to write some broadband stuff for the press, so I can say what a terrible company for broadband Virgin is.
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Hey, Craig ... anything ever eventuate with a certain article you were writing up about a certain fan-made tribute retro magazine?

:wink:
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

The Pixelsurgeon piece is currently on hold until I hear back from a few people. The final part (about z107) is done, but three other parts are still left to write.
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

biggestjim wrote:Got fed up with Kazaa after a week though. (after downloading .... all goals of Bergkamp.(against Newcastle, remember?)
I'd rather not remember, if it's all the same to you.... :cry:

Why does everyone score most of their class goals against Newcastle (Bergkamp, Le Tissier....) ?
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I'm BACK!!!

Ahhhh, fast access on fast computer with high screen res again.. sweeeet! :)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

PaulEmoz said:
Why does everyone score most of their class goals against Newcastle (Bergkamp...) ?
Hey Paul, don't be sad. You should be proud that your favourite team actually cooperated in one of the most beautiful goals ever made! :D
Ni!
Rob