Majority of Scans Temporary Off-line

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

Majority of Scans Temporary Off-line

Post by Iain »

The hosting of Gamebox64.com and around 70 of the Zzap! issue scans has been closed, a week or so earlier than I thought. I'm looking into getting new hosting.

A co-worker was offering free hosting but that has fallen through but I've found somewhere that does a year for €60 and should be compatible.

See Gamebox64 forum for more details.
Iain
Admin

Re: Majority of Scans Temporary Off-line

Post by Iain »

Actually, even although the web storage space is meant to be gone and scripts can't be run, the images a re still there if referenced directly! So the scans are actually still there.

I have gotten new storage space anyway so the domains should be pointing to the new site within 24 hours...

Might be a good idea to start uploading the files now actually! :)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

All scan should be back now.

Gamebox64 will take a bit longer with a re-write form Perl to PHP needed.

A randomly picked review of Paradriod '90 on the Amiga for proof of scans being back. :)
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Thanks for sorting so quickly. Using them for Comp 64 updates.

Ah, the Paradroid 90 review that put me off actually buying it. The mention of vertical only scrolling killed it for me, but I played it on an emulator years later and realised how much I missed out.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

andy vaisey wrote:Thanks for sorting so quickly. Using them for Comp 64 updates.

Ah, the Paradroid 90 review that put me off actually buying it. The mention of vertical only scrolling killed it for me, but I played it on an emulator years later and realised how much I missed out.
Same here. It was only playing it years later (to write the Making of Paradroid for Retro Gamer) that I really started to enjoy '90.