Issue 108 - who wants to work on Zzap! #108

Everything else about Zzap
Videogame Guru
Techno Teaboy

Post by Videogame Guru »

Definitely no way on the A5 thing - it would restrict the design too much and put it squarely in fanzine territory
I thought this would be the case, I do understand, just a suggestion :D

Feel free to keep me posted on all this, as I am very interested.

Work email: george@idigicon.com
Home email: georgebray@theeighties.freeserve.co.uk

All the best :D

George ;)
Coming to a monitor near you soon - www.c64coder.com

Playing videogames since 1982. Serving the videogames industry since 1986.

LDA#$0E
LDX#$06
LDY#$00
STA$D020
STX$D021
STY$D015
genrex
Techno Teaboy

Post by genrex »

heeeey :O whats this? I return after a while and I aint even registered :P anyway I just wanted to know if there is still a vacancy to work on ZZap 108. I did reviews for 107 and sure would like to be a part of 108 too. So whos incharge here now? Gordo??? there? :)
Image Reality is nothing but an immense collection of textured polygons!Image
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Em, you're a bit late in the day, but we could possibly find you a Tea Boy position! ;-)
genrex
Techno Teaboy

Post by genrex »

iain wrote:Em, you're a bit late in the day, but we could possibly find you a Tea Boy position! ;-)
that will do :P as long as i am associated with the mag :lol:
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Rightio, considered yourself hired then. Gordo likes 20 spoonfulls of sugar in his tea, I prefere coffee with lots of cream!
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

That's gonna be a bugger of a walk, all the way from the kettle in Pakistan, to Oxford for Gordo, Cambridge for Iain, Fleet for me, and then to Oz for Gaz...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Look! He wanted the job so he can bloody well do it! No backing out now! ;-) Although...the drinks will be a bit cold by the time he delivers them... emmm
genrex
Techno Teaboy

Post by genrex »

heh heh not really a problem.... a pot o' sugar with a wee bit of tea for Gordo comin up... and a pot o' cream with a wee bit of coffee for you iain.... so when do i get a raise? :P
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

You'll be lucky, lad. The editorial team had to get by on two cups of tea and a bit of string for pay last time.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Oh, so you got STRING as well, did you? I knew there was something fishy about your contract.

btw, genrex, it's 35 sugars -- I need to keep my energy up these days. Age, you know.

g.
Andy Haywood
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Andy Haywood »

Been away from the board for a while due to house move - what's happening with 108? We got a timescale yet? I can't wait to get started again...
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

The official word on z108 is... there is no official word. I imagine, unless people start kicking and screaming (and that includes those I'm going to mention), that the editorial team may again comprise myself, Gaz, Gordo, and Ken D. Fish (that is, if anything actually happens). After all, we did a good job last time, even if I do say so myself. Of course, Gaz and Gordo may not want to do this, and may now be planning on hiding under a big pile of whelks until 2005 has been and gone.

With regards to art and design, the major update to InDesign should also make it somewhat easier for me to do some rockin' layouts (transparency settings, and no damn clipping paths - woohoo!) Uh, geek bit over.

Anyway, personally, I'd like to see more ex-Zzap! staff involved, which might cut back on contributions from the fans. I know that Steve at least was interested in writing last time, and I'm sure, given a massively long deadline, that he might write for z108. The same goes for Gary Penn, too, although he always seems ridiculously busy.

One thing I would like to do is at least keep some of the z107 review team, as it's good to have some continuity, and there should be a bunch of "new" games to review (not least Newcomer, which we missed last time, and Metal Warrior 4).
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Hopefully someone has played Newcomer long enough to give it a proper opinion ;)

MW4 was damned good though... will have to go back to that one. And of course we can mention the special limited edition version of it coming up (or out rarity wise when the issue does launch).

Consider myself back in to write articles (cartridges anyone?!) and reviews etc ;)
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
genrex
Techno Teaboy

Post by genrex »

CraigGrannell wrote: One thing I would like to do is at least keep some of the z107 review team, as it's good to have some continuity
I agreeee :D i guess i'll start playing MW4 right now :wink:
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

Hmmm....as a reviewer of MW3 in #107, I can only agree! :wink:
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.