The Shining

Everything else not related to emulation
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

The Shining

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Hi, just wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm after a DVD region 2 or 0 copy of The Shining. Easy to find I know.....however I`m after the US version which runs at 144 mins, not the 114 minute UK version. I can only find region 1 copies of this movie. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Here comes Jimmyyyyyy!!!

(totally useless comments inc.)

Btw, excellent "Shining" reference in Finding Nemo. Spot it? :D

Sorry, Fiery Phoenix, no clue.

ps. Finding Nemo is a totally excellent film, dudes! Whoa!
Got my 2dvd last week, (US) just before the European Premiere, cool!
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Matt
Freelancer

Post by Matt »

biggestjim wrote:ps. Finding Nemo is a totally excellent film, dudes! Whoa!
Got my 2dvd last week, (US) just before the European Premiere, cool!
what an awesome animation movie that was! I really enjoyed it!
top work from pixar again, right?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I saw FInding Nemo a few days ago. It really was an excellent film! Makes a change from the usual hollywood action crap. The graphics were rather nice as well 8-)
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

That version of The Shining is a USA release only......but I found this webite that will let your player play the Region 1 DVD's by tapping in a few codes - just thought I would post the link, may be helpfull to those who don't have a multi region player. It is a UK site and it has all the major DVD makers on it:

http://www.regionfreedvd.net
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Great link, although my DVd is region free anyway but it'll be useful if I get a DVD-ROm for my PC.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hi y'all,
since I ordered "Nemo" I use 'remote selector' a useful little program that you run together with any (pc) dvdplayer accepting all regions. Totally excellent and hassle free. (use your search engine to find it -and a crack :roll: )
All the fun I had watching 'Nemo' on my "22 monitor at home even before it's premiere over here in Holland, just great!
What also was totally awesome: the second "Nemo" dvd featured a full screen version of the film (first dvd=widescreen) but instead of chopping off the left and right bits from the film, they added stuff at the top and bottom.
Way-hay to go! *It's beau-ti-ful*

Ta!
Rob
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.