Crazy Amounts of Traffic

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

Crazy Amounts of Traffic

Post by Iain »

Over the past three days the number of pages served on the site has sky rocketed.

Normally I serve about 2000 pages a day, but on the 11th it was 9000, and on the 12th it was 16400 but today (so far) it's been 34800!!! I can't figure out where they are coming from but the popular pages seem to be the online scans.

If any of those new viewiers are reading this, can they please give me some inisght?
alexhighnumber
Freelancer

Post by alexhighnumber »

You must have a magazine mention somewhere!!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I'm so sure now, it's gone back to normal levels now and even although loads of the display scan pages were being displayed, the amount of ads shown on the site didn't increase, which is very strange.

It may have been one person trying to leech it all (although I don't have 30,000+ scans online!) and they program went a little gaga, or maybe the GoogleBot ran out of control. All seems to be back to normal and I still have plenty of bandwidth left for the month, so no worries.
alexhighnumber
Freelancer

Post by alexhighnumber »

Mm, a bit of a shame really - I was hoping for a lot of new visitors to the forum. Still, quite a mystery but I guess the buggy leeching issue could be the reason, I suppose you'd know if there was possibly an issue on the server itself that could be creating it?

I think we should have an amnesty - if it was an individual - if he owns up and posts what happened here!!