This website mentioned in issue 2 of Retro Gamer

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

This website mentioned in issue 2 of Retro Gamer

Post by Iain »

Just happened to be browsing in the computer magazine section and discovered this magazine, totally retro gamer orintated!

The website is mentioned in an article about Newsfield (the article is mainly about evil Crash) but there's a little bit about Zzap and a link to the site. They also used Biggest Jim's nice new main logo.

Has anybody got the first issue of this magazine? Anything C64 or Zzap related in it?
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

They also used Biggest Jim's nice new main logo.
My lawyer, I need a lawyer! :wink:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

True!! They also had a collage (?) of all the covers from Crash and Zzap, but I noticed they used the thumbnail covers from my site.

How do I know this? You can see price stickers from "Eason's", the place where I bought some of the issues from! :)

I don't mind them using them, but it would be nice to be told your website is going to be featured (abeit in a very small way) in a magazine,at least so you can keep a look out for it!
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

God, Craig, I hope you're not reading this...

(He's unhappy with Retro Gamer enough as it is.)

They sound like a scrupulous, honest, decent bunch of people full of all their own orginal ideas, from what I've heard. :)

g.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

No comment.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Did I miss something?
Please tell, since I can't get my hands on retrogamer over here in Holland.
Curious, curious.
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

INdeed, what have they been up to? Quick before I start subscribing......
Andy Haywood
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Andy Haywood »

Um...I'm afraid I must take the credit/rap for all of the above. I emailed the editor after issue 1 and told him about Zzap 107, as well as suggesting a feature on Newsfield. If you look in the "letters" page of issue 2 my email is printed, together with a reply from the editor saying that the feature was a direct result OF my email. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a LITTLE bit flattered. 8)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Niiiiice! 8)