What is Kati doing over there?

Talk about the staff who used to work on the mag
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

What is Kati doing over there?

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hi y'all, (this post contains a 70kb image, so hold on to yer safety belts)

I came across some of my old copies of The Games Machine.
Well, in issue 16 (march 1989) There's a 3 page article about the Konix multisystem. (odd machine)

But who's there sitting on the bottom of the page? Kati Hamza. (or is it a stunt-double?)
kati1989s.jpg
kati1989s.jpg (71.43 KiB) Viewed 8734 times
Where is it?
And what is she playing?
Was the picture just a filler? I don't see any relation between Kati, the article or TGM anyway!?

Questions, questions..
Last edited by Iain on Wed May 06, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved image to zzap64 server in case the original gets deleted
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
gordon
Director

Re: What is Kati doing over there?

Post by gordon »

Mr.Zzapback wrote:I came across some of my old copies of The Games Machine. But who's there sitting on the bottom of the page? Kati Hamza. (or is it a stunt-double?)

Where is it?
And what is she playing?
Was the picture just a filler? I don't see any relation between Kati, the article or TGM anyway!?
Definitely Kati. :) And that pic has nothing to do with the PC Engine -- it looks like an Amiga or an ST she's playing. It's definitely at Newsfield and looks like Cameron Pound's photography hole down the road from Zzap! Towers; it certainly doesn't look like any of the main offices.

She never worked for TGM, though, so god knows why they got her in the pic. She says she has no knowledge whatsoever of it. :shock:
White Demon
Techno Teaboy

Post by White Demon »

Very old topic, but the first time I've seen it.

That picture has actually been flipped and Kati was clearly playing on a Commodore 64. You can see the disk drive and datasette connectors at the back, and have a look at the 5.25 inch disks next to the computer - the notch is on the wrong side.

Definitely a flipped pic.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

And that disk isn't going to work if you leave it on top of a datasette for too long :shock: