Too many forums

Everything else about Zzap
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Too many forums

Post by CraigGrannell »

Erm, why so many forums? The old one didn't get much traffic, so it seems a bit odd to make so many. Even Lemon doesn't bother doing so. Why not just have Zzap!64 and off-topic?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well, there are less than there used to be! :)

I'd like the messages to hang around as long as possible, so people are not posting the same stuff over and over and by having a few different forums facilitates that..

It seems to be working so far, there's a lot more messages posted over the past 2 days than in the past 2 months on the older board. :)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

lost in the desert

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

I have to say I like it, although I have to look really good before posting anything, especially since you have to scroll down to see all the topics.
But , for example, where do I have to post when I'm searching/offering zzap related stuff (looking for issues and so on)?

Nobody?

Allrighty then:
I'd like to use this opportunity to mention the following:
I want to replace issues 14 & 15 (my copies have loose covers, and I miss a couple of pages) is there anyone who have spare copies in (pretty) good conditon? (complete, no rips, tears, pieces cut out, covers loose and all that) I give a good price or we can trade. (lots of issues here)

Mayhem, where are you when I need you :wink:

Rob

Right,
....there's nothing more to see here, you can continue with your daily routine now... thank you.
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

BiggestJim!!!! That's totally off topic!!! ;-) Obviously the place for it is in General Zzap stuff!! :-D

Re having to scroll down, get a bigger monitor!!! ;-)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

What kind of monitor do you have?
To fit all those topix onone screen I should get myself at least a 31" :)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

A nice 19" one. It's a bit overkill but great for programming since you can see so much on screen at once.

Your new avatar is "quite" scarey! Is that two sets of headphones on your head? :-D
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Very 'Robo Man' (Dr Who & The Daleks)! 8)
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com