Has the bubble burst for Zzap issues?

Everything else about Zzap
Iain
Admin

Has the bubble burst for Zzap issues?

Post by Iain »

I was just browsing my watch list in eBay and this auction for the first 24 issues in binders, which ended 27th Nov, only went for £85. That's a bit of a bargin compared to what it would have went for a year or two ago.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

"Only" £85 for a collection of 20-year-old mags in two binders? I personally reckon that's about right, rather than the absurd prices that have been seen at other times. Of course, something of this kind is only worth what people are willing to pay, and eBay relies on the right people being there at the right time. Also, the seller only had +5 feedback, which tends to make many potential bidders nervous.
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

I certainly wouldn't pay more than £85 - Of course it helps that I already have the whole collection plus the scans! :D
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Low feedback of the seller and the closeness to Xmas (always a good time for buyers!) are what I account for the lowness of price. Binders by themselves go for £10-15 each and issue #1 is still worth £30-40 in good condition, so must be a lull.
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

My thoughts as well, binders are quite rare and like you say, an issue one will still go for quite a lot.