Buy Zzap!64 issue 107, and err...print it yourself!

Everything else about Zzap
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Buy Zzap!64 issue 107, and err...print it yourself!

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

That's pretty damn lame! Trying to sell something that freely available on the web!

I sent him an email asking as much. We'll see if we replies.

There's no getting past the Zzap Police ;-)

I assume you sent him a nice threatening email?
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

Haha! I mean, if he was selling a bought copy that would be fair enough, but to sell printouts is just bad. Well spotted! :)
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

PaulEMoz wrote:Haha! I mean, if he was selling a bought copy that would be fair enough, but to sell printouts is just bad. Well spotted! :)
Har-har. He isn't even selling print outs, he's only selling the pdf to print it yourself! He made a picture of his own printed version as an example! Duh! :shock: :roll:

Some people.... :D
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

He's a bit cocky as well, here's his reply to me
because some people have'nt got it on CD or printed out, and i'm already getting requests off people to send them printed ones with the cover laminated- maybe you should have done it yourself? i'm only charging a bit extra for postage etc. also I do beleive its a free country so if people want to buy its their choice.
I hope the CD has at least the high res versions on it! x-)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I see someone has bidded on the above item, so I sent him the following message
Hi,

Just to let you know that the zzap 107 on cd item you are bidding for is freely available on my site www.zzap64.co.uk http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzap107/zzap107misc.html.

The guy who's trying to sell the cd is attempting to make money from something that is free and downloadable from the web. They are also available on eMule http://www.zzap64.co.uk/emule.html.

Iain
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Quite frankly, then, this guy is a tosser. IF he was doing this for free, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but selling people a CD with the one issue on it is despicable. Maybe you should write back and tell him that not only have "we done it", providing a DVD with every issue of the magazine on it, including 107, but that there was a print run (are copies still left from that?) His "bit extra" for postage = £1.95—it must be a VERY heavy CD. Here's hoping the auction doesn't rise above £1.

Unfortunately, we can't really go down the "copyright violation" route, seeing as we were on shaky legal ground anyway when creating 107.

Maybe, Iain, if you do have some copies left, you should flog them on eBay, too.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I do have a copy of spare copies I think, waiting until their value goes up after another while I think :)

If the guy wants to do print outs of z107 and flog them, that's one thing, but it's just lame trying to sell a cd with a couple of files that are available on the web and eMule.

We'll see if the bidder replys back to my mail and withdraws his bid.

[edit]

Mort actually dealt with this guy before, see thisauction.

He sold him an issue of Big K! :)
[/edit]
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

iain wrote:
Mort actually dealt with this guy before, see thisauction.

He sold him an issue of Big K! :)
[/edit]
Yeah, and look at the bidhistory!!!!! :evil:
8)
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Would not have minded but it went cheaply, well thats ebay for you.well my edge issue 1 made up for it eh :wink:

Ps Rob did you get my email about popping over to Amsterdam :D
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Oooh, look, here's 107 on offer
Let's see where this one ends up. (price-wise) 8)

And WHAT!!?? :shock:

I hope these are your spares? 8)

edit:typo (as if, hehe)
Last edited by Lloyd Mangram on Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Change of priorities/lack of space. I have kept a few issues though.

Incidentally, some fuckwit is currently trying to sell off SCANS of Retro Gamer #1 here, while a copy of the tribute was up to £6.50 last time I looked! Mad.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

CraigGrannell wrote: Incidentally, some fuckwit is currently trying to sell off SCANS of Retro Gamer #1 here, while a copy of the tribute was up to £6.50 last time I looked! Mad.
Pretty lame, I wonder if they are the scans that Mr Z did as well. The dozy fucker thought you could email 35Mb files through email easily as wel!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

I emailed the sad git, I suspect it's a Yakyakker though. :shock:
We'll humiliate him in public if it's him. :twisted:
It's really pathethic asking money for other people's work. (IP, copyright, scns whatever) Especially since it's freely available. Duh!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

I got an email, he took it down:
Question from guru_meditation_84010007_00c13870
ok its been taking off cheers GURU
Phew. :roll: