Morts guide to batch scanning with Irfanview

Commodore Format, Your Commodore, Commodore User etc.
Mort
Director

Morts guide to batch scanning with Irfanview

Post by Mort »

Batch scanning with Irfanview
------------------------------
0.1.Select properties misc 1 and untick close twain dialogue after aquire as this needs to be running for batch scanning.
1. Select file, then select twain source (your scanner).
2. Select batch scanning, name the file something like zzap000 with starting index of 1, increment 1 and 2 digits, destination directory something like c:\uncompressed scans and jpeg set to 95.Then ok and the twain driver will appear.
3.Scan at 600dpi (cuts out interferance lines of photos) and driver should stay on so you just have to turn page and hit scan again.
4. when you have done scanning close twain driver and then select batch conversion/rename.Tick use advance options, select resize to 967 pixels with keeping aspect ratio,use resample and then go back to menu by hitting ok. Set jpg to 95, then put uncompressed files in the input files directory by adding via the browser and then start. All files should then be compressed and put into the output directory as required eg c:\zzap01

That should be about it :wink: [/b]
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

That's 967 pixels wide btw (not height).
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Cheers Mort - Will give it a go! 8)
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
jpcotter
Techno Teaboy

including a number of scanned images in same file

Post by jpcotter »

Being relatively computer-ignorant, I thought "batch-scanning" meant including a number of scanned images (for example, all the pages of a document) in the same file, which is what I was really enquiring about. I used to have an Adobe program that could do that, but I haven't got that program on my new computer. Is it possible to do this with Irfanview? Am I even on the right site here for enquiring about this. Your advice would be appreciated.
tnt/beyond force
Techno Teaboy

Re: including a number of scanned images in same file

Post by tnt/beyond force »

jpcotter wrote:Being relatively computer-ignorant, I thought "batch-scanning" meant including a number of scanned images (for example, all the pages of a document) in the same file, which is what I was really enquiring about.
Zip all images into single file (use "compression: none" to avoid wasting time for couple of bytes) and read those zips with CDisplay. If you rename your *.zip files to *.cbz you can open them by double-clicking.