HTML Reviews

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Look new content on the site!

I've been busy the past couple of hours and have added another few html reviews. So get zzapbacking on them to keep my motivation up for adding more to the site! :)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

After the DEF tribute I'll send you my 12 (personally) typed in reviews so you can add them to the HTML reviews.

At the moment, there's too many obscure games available.
I have played zillions of C64 games but I can only recall the ones that really made a difference. :)
In other words about 25 games. :wink:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Mr.Zzapback wrote:After the DEF tribute I'll send you my 12 (personally) typed in reviews so you can add them to the HTML reviews.
Excellent, why type though? you not heard of OCR? ;-) Makes it easier
Mr.Zzapback wrote:
Fair comment, I'll have to root out my original zzap mags and start adding more gold medal and sizzler reviews.. or maybe just the games I like :-p

If anybody has a suggestion for which game reviews they'd like to see added, let me know here! But look through the ZzapBible first and give me the issue and page number as well.
SLF
Freelancer

Post by SLF »

iain wrote:
Mr.Zzapback wrote:
Fair comment, I'll have to root out my original zzap mags and start adding more gold medal and sizzler reviews.. or maybe just the games I like :-p
Yeah, great work iain, keep 'em coming, as we're itching to Zzapback 'em :)

I'd like to have:
Creatures 2 (issue 81, page 20)
Ikari Warriors (Issue 35, page 12)
Buggy Boy (Issue 32, page 20)
IK+ (Issue 31, page 12)
Citadel (Issue 52, page 10)

and besides those, lots of Sizzlers and Gold Medals. 8)
My top games: 1.Hawkeye, 2.Delta, 3.Creatures 2, 4.Armalyte, 5.Bubble Bobble, 6.Uridium, 7.Ikari Warriors, 8.Bionic Commando, 9.Buggy Boy, 10.Archon.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well IK+ is up now!

Onto issue 32 and Buggy Boy next.... :)
SLF
Freelancer

Post by SLF »

Thumbs up, mate :)
My top games: 1.Hawkeye, 2.Delta, 3.Creatures 2, 4.Armalyte, 5.Bubble Bobble, 6.Uridium, 7.Ikari Warriors, 8.Bionic Commando, 9.Buggy Boy, 10.Archon.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Wow, loads of Zzapback comments have been left today, with most of them by "alessio"
SLF
Freelancer

Post by SLF »

Yup, and he seems to agree with me on pretty much every game: there must be something with Italy. He gives Hawkeye 99% (not even me goes that far) :lol:

On a side note, the edit/delete comment option (very nice addition) doesn't work for me yet. I see the icons but they're useless. I suppose there's still a bit of implementing work to be done...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Yeap, I've only added the icons so far. Havn't got around to actually implementing anything yet! x-)

I really shouldn't be updated live pages but it gives a cutting edge feel or something &-)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Okay, you can now edit your ZzapBack comments. Deletion is coming soon!

This took a lot longer than I ancipated due to having to learn and use some new Javascript and other fiddly things.

When I got it working 100% in FireFox, I then tried IE and of course it didn't work in that! :( After much searching and figuring out, I discovered it was because IE couldn't handle a browser window name with a space in it! Typically Microsoft shite! :( and then IE insists on displaying a vertical scrollbar at the side of the pop up window even when one isn't needed.

I now remember why I havn't used Javascript in years!!! Anyway enough bitching.

Let me know how you get on with it and let me know if any bugs (not that there's any of course!!).
Last edited by Iain on Fri May 06, 2005 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well Delete is working now as well, so if you accidently add the same comment twice or more, you can delete the extra entries.

p.s. Spend a bloody hour tracking down a bug doing this as well!! Turned out I had just forgotten to put a ) somewhere!! ARGHH!!! Bloody programming! x-)

I think I've spent about 10 hours today doing this 8-I But it all appears to be working now, no matter the browser, whether you use Javascript or not, validation of text etc. etc. ;-)

If you discover any errors PLEASE TELL ME.

I may add a feature which would allow Moderators to edit or delete dodgy comments / spam before I'd get to them... but not tonight!!!!

Maybe I should start a "Zzap - Diary of a Website" article for all this! :-D

[edit]
p.s. It would appear I've caught up with Mr. ZzapBack and now have the same number of posts as him!! :)
[/edit]
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

iain wrote:
[edit]
p.s. It would appear I've caught up with Mr. ZzapBack and now have the same number of posts as him!! :)
[/edit]
Yeah right, if you continue to talk to yourself all the time... :twisted: :wink:

Wait until I finish the DEF Tribute! 8)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
SLF
Freelancer

Post by SLF »

Great job, there, iain, I've been tweaking practically all of my comments and it works perfectly. 8)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Glad to hear it! :)

My brain was still buzzing about it all last night! Couldn't stop thinking about pop-up windows etc.! :shock:

No more programming for me today anyway!! I could lose what little bit of my sanity is left! ;-)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hey! Wait for me! :D