C&vg scans finished (at last phew)

Commodore Format, Your Commodore, Commodore User etc.
metal_maniac
Techno Teaboy

Post by metal_maniac »

Well, I certainly want most of them, but I'll probably start off with ordering one or two. Then, if things work out to my satisfaction(which I'm sure it will :) ), I'll order the rest. And since you acceps cheques, that is probably the best way for me to do it, since, as I said, I don't as yet have a VISA...I've never actually had any need for one.

But which type of payment would you guys recommend?

None of you guys live close to Bournemouth, by any chance? I'm going there in about three weeks and I'll be staying for a week at least.

This is gonna be grrreat :lol:
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Not near Bournemouth sadly, about 120 miles East actually. Just thought your cheques will be international so the bank will charge about £5 for the transaction a bit of a pain but ok if necessary.

A cheaper and easier alternative would be postal orders which you can get from the many post offices locally as there would be no additional charges for those and they are easy for me to cash :wink:

If you mail them I could then send you items onto Oslo asap, andf you would have them on your return home :wink:
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
metal_maniac
Techno Teaboy

Post by metal_maniac »

Ok, I would like to order the C&VG scans, just to see if this works out...so what do I do? I just go to my local post office and say that I want to send a postal order to england for a certain amount? And then I send it to what address?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I think Mort meant for you to get the postal order when you are in England.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Alternatively, go to a bank in Norway, get some Sterling, and send it to Mort, carefully disguising the money by wrapping it in thick brown paper.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I think it was Ditrimis that once sent me money, hidden in a cd label, in a cd box, in brown paper, in an envelope. I got it okay anyway ;-)
metal_maniac
Techno Teaboy

Post by metal_maniac »

Hmm, since I'm already going to England, I might as well do it over there...I'll try to survive the next few weeks without the scans 8)

So all I need is information as to who gets my hard-earned cash? And then what? Do I give my personal info at the postoffice and then they send it along with the money to the recipient, or do I just post it here, for any pervert to see?

Ooh, this is gonna be great, I'll finally be able to read all those magazines I missed out on back in my youth :)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

metal_maniac wrote:
Ooh, this is gonna be great, I'll finally be able to read all those magazines I missed out on back in my youth :)
Exactly, ain't it cool!? :D
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Hi Metal_maniac,
What you do at the post office is basically buy a postal order which can be cashed at any other post office by the person you designate when you buy it, very easy :wink:, you give the cashier the money they pass on a slip of paper that is only useful to me"not particularly foolproof but better than sending cash in the post"

Drop me a pm when you are in England and I`ll help if necessary.
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
metal_maniac
Techno Teaboy

Post by metal_maniac »

I have an c64 emulator installed, but I've found that it's more fun reading about the old games than actually playing some of them. When I read the reviews in the magazines, they are all "ooh, a bloody great game with marvellous graphics!!", and I go "yeah, that's how I remember it!!", but then I actually play it and go "meh...back to Metroid Prime" :lol:

But fortunately, some games are still brilliant and playable.

Ok, at least now I know what to do, so if you could just PM me the info I need, and then when I get to England in a few weeks time I'll just send a postal order. Or perhaps the info I need is already on this site?

cheers

:)