Another dodgy Zzap auction?

Everything else about Zzap
Iain
Admin

Another dodgy Zzap auction?

Post by Iain »

All issues on DVD

The seller claims that all issues were scanned by themselves... and that Your Sinclair is coming soon.....

I doubt they have scanned the issues themselves... only Mort is mad enough to...

I think an email to them is due! :)

And here's what I sent
You claim that these issues were scanned by yourself?? Somehow I doubt it and I think it's more likely that they are a rip-off of Mort's scan DVDs, especially seeing as you'll be scamming Your Sinclair next, oops did I type scamming, I meant scanning of course!!

It's pretty lame ripping off someone else's work and claiming it as your own.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Re: Another dodgy Zzap auction?

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Iain wrote:All issues on DVD

The seller claims that all issues were scanned by themselves... and that Your Sinclair is coming soon.....

I doubt they have scanned the issues themselves... only Mort is mad enough to...

I think an email to them is due! :)

And here's what I sent
You claim that these issues were scanned by yourself?? Somehow I doubt it and I think it's more likely that they are a rip-off of Mort's scan DVDs, especially seeing as you'll be scamming Your Sinclair next, oops did I type scamming, I meant scanning of course!!

It's pretty lame ripping off someone else's work and claiming it as your own.
Another case solved by the Zzap! police, well done. :twisted:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well, maybe he isn't, I'm not sure... Here's his reply.
Hi, These dvd's are scanned by me and not rip off's of Mort's dvd,s, I would never do that especially as i am in the process of scanning The Complete Spectrum Collection which to my knowledge Mort does not do. But as you think I am scamming then I will withdraw the listings from ebay as of now. Hope you are now satisfied. Thanks
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Iain wrote:Well, maybe he isn't, I'm not sure... Here's his reply.
Hi, These dvd's are scanned by me and not rip off's of Mort's dvd,s, I would never do that especially as i am in the process of scanning The Complete Spectrum Collection which to my knowledge Mort does not do. But as you think I am scamming then I will withdraw the listings from ebay as of now. Hope you are now satisfied. Thanks
Woops!?
Would like to see his scans though...personally I wouldn't withdraw my auctions if I was totally honest!? :?
Weird!

The Shadow knows.... :wink:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Mr.Zzapback wrote:..personally I wouldn't withdraw my auctions if I was totally honest!? :?
That's true but maybe he thought since I am the webmaster of zzap64.co.uk, I have copyright over them or something... dunno.. maybe I should email him back and ask about image dimensions and quality etc. See if he's done them better than Mort :-o
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

To be frank, it does actually sound like this person was selling Mort's DVD and got discovered. I know full well that if I'd scanned them myself, I'd have just responded with "sorry, but I did these myself—they are not Mort's scans—so I don't see why I should be under any obligation to stop my auction". Also, pooling resources would have made sense _if_ that was the case.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

CraigGrannell wrote:To be frank, it does actually sound like this person was selling Mort's DVD and got discovered. I know full well that if I'd scanned them myself, I'd have just responded with "sorry, but I did these myself—they are not Mort's scans—so I don't see why I should be under any obligation to stop my auction". Also, pooling resources would have made sense _if_ that was the case.
exactly! 8)
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

If the guy had done higher res versions I would have been interested in seeing them also, Could you ask him what other things he plans to scan and save me the hassle :wink:

Ps just killed another scanner 11 now have bitten the dust :roll:
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Mort wrote:Ps just killed another scanner 11 now have bitten the dust :roll:
Is it not under guarantee?
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Well just phoned Canon and they will try to repair it (bought in a defunct computer world shop). So will be down the post office with it in a few days. Most of the others have died just after the year has passed :wink:

Shame it was a good scanner Canon 4200f usb 2 a4 jobby, quick but now has nasty lines appearing over the middle of the scans :?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well, the dying would be down to general wear and tear and if he told them he had only scanned 30,000 images, they'd say the scanner is sold for domestic purposes and not industrial applications!

Anyway, that's what I'd probably have to say when I worked for Comet, resist returns at all costs!! :(
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Well in the manual it states home and small office use, and you cannot get much smaller office than my bedsit :wink:

They are sending the postage so worst case senario is they don`t fix it and send it back :wink:

Guess most people scan a few old family photos and thats about it, well at least I give the scanners a good soak test :lol: