The Def Guide to Zzap!64

The Zzap Rrap

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:39 pm 
Offline
Director
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:19 am
Posts: 460
Location: United Kingdom, Hartlepool
Maybe Gordon will know the answer to this....

Anyone who read CRASH circa 1986 might remember Hannah Smith, who took over the playing tips section from Robin Candy. There was a bit of a war with C&VG and their 'cartoon' tipster, Melissa Ravenflame. Then after a few months, Hannah Smith went to 'pastures new' and wasnt mentioned again.

Whatever happened to her and where did she go - She didnt seem to go to EMAP or Future, so I am guessing she left computer games journalism?

_________________
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:43 am 
Offline
Director
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:15 pm
Posts: 408
Location: in that tree, over there
LeeT wrote:
Maybe Gordon will know the answer to this....

Anyone who read CRASH circa 1986 might remember Hannah Smith, who took over the playing tips section from Robin Candy. There was a bit of a war with C&VG and their 'cartoon' tipster, Melissa Ravenflame. Then after a few months, Hannah Smith went to 'pastures new' and wasnt mentioned again.

Whatever happened to her and where did she go - She didnt seem to go to EMAP or Future, so I am guessing she left computer games journalism?


CRASH!?!?! *spit!*

Seriously though, given Newsfield's reputation for making people up (Lloyd, Paul Sumner, Jaz Rignall, etc), I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover she was fictional.

g.

_________________
The Burrow


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:15 am 
Offline
Director
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:19 am
Posts: 460
Location: United Kingdom, Hartlepool
Well I would think that too, but (apparently) she attended the PCW show of that year, and IIRC there was some photos in the mag too.

BTW Gordon, was Daniel Gilbert pushed or did he jump - I know it was a bit before your time, but surely it was mentioned in the office?

_________________
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:19 am 
Offline
Director
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:15 pm
Posts: 408
Location: in that tree, over there
LeeT wrote:
BTW Gordon, was Daniel Gilbert pushed or did he jump - I know it was a bit before your time, but surely it was mentioned in the office?


From what I recall, the staff at the time (Jaz and Steve) regarded Dan as bit of an oddball -- and I think he drifted away all by himself.

g.

_________________
The Burrow


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:40 pm 
Offline
King of Zzap Towers
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:45 pm
Posts: 605
Location: UK
gordon wrote:
Seriously though, given Newsfield's reputation for making people up (Lloyd, Paul Sumner, Jaz Rignall, etc)


Jaz, made up? Now I thought he was real! :)

And if you keep dissing Lloyd on this forum, we'll never convince him to come back from z108, especially with his newfound interest in whelk racing.

_________________
http://www.craiggrannell.com | http://www.projectnoise.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:58 pm 
Offline
Director
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:15 pm
Posts: 408
Location: in that tree, over there
CraigGrannell wrote:
And if you keep dissing Lloyd on this forum, we'll never convince him to come back from z108, especially with his newfound interest in whelk racing.


You're right. I shouldn't do it. I'll email him immediately with an apology, and congratulate him on his 2nd place in the Hereford and Worcester Marine Gastropod Challenge Cup.

g.

_________________
The Burrow


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:25 pm 
Offline
Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:42 pm
Posts: 2098
Location: Cavan, Ireland
I think I'm starting to realise why you were kicked off the mag!!

Hassling the more aged members of the staff!! :(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:09 pm 
Offline
Editor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:19 am
Posts: 376
Location: London
Weren't they all young though? :P

_________________
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group