The Girlie Tipster of CRASH!

Talk about the staff who used to work on the mag
LeeT
Director

The Girlie Tipster of CRASH!

Post by LeeT »

Maybe Gordon will know the answer to this....

Anyone who read CRASH circa 1986 might remember Hannah Smith, who took over the playing tips section from Robin Candy. There was a bit of a war with C&VG and their 'cartoon' tipster, Melissa Ravenflame. Then after a few months, Hannah Smith went to 'pastures new' and wasnt mentioned again.

Whatever happened to her and where did she go - She didnt seem to go to EMAP or Future, so I am guessing she left computer games journalism?
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
gordon
Director

Re: The Girlie Tipster of CRASH!

Post by gordon »

LeeT wrote:Maybe Gordon will know the answer to this....

Anyone who read CRASH circa 1986 might remember Hannah Smith, who took over the playing tips section from Robin Candy. There was a bit of a war with C&VG and their 'cartoon' tipster, Melissa Ravenflame. Then after a few months, Hannah Smith went to 'pastures new' and wasnt mentioned again.

Whatever happened to her and where did she go - She didnt seem to go to EMAP or Future, so I am guessing she left computer games journalism?
CRASH!?!?! *spit!*

Seriously though, given Newsfield's reputation for making people up (Lloyd, Paul Sumner, Jaz Rignall, etc), I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover she was fictional.

g.
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Well I would think that too, but (apparently) she attended the PCW show of that year, and IIRC there was some photos in the mag too.

BTW Gordon, was Daniel Gilbert pushed or did he jump - I know it was a bit before your time, but surely it was mentioned in the office?
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

LeeT wrote:BTW Gordon, was Daniel Gilbert pushed or did he jump - I know it was a bit before your time, but surely it was mentioned in the office?
From what I recall, the staff at the time (Jaz and Steve) regarded Dan as bit of an oddball -- and I think he drifted away all by himself.

g.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Re: The Girlie Tipster of CRASH!

Post by CraigGrannell »

gordon wrote:Seriously though, given Newsfield's reputation for making people up (Lloyd, Paul Sumner, Jaz Rignall, etc)
Jaz, made up? Now I thought he was real! :)

And if you keep dissing Lloyd on this forum, we'll never convince him to come back from z108, especially with his newfound interest in whelk racing.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

CraigGrannell wrote:And if you keep dissing Lloyd on this forum, we'll never convince him to come back from z108, especially with his newfound interest in whelk racing.
You're right. I shouldn't do it. I'll email him immediately with an apology, and congratulate him on his 2nd place in the Hereford and Worcester Marine Gastropod Challenge Cup.

g.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I think I'm starting to realise why you were kicked off the mag!!

Hassling the more aged members of the staff!! :(
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Weren't they all young though? :P
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!