Back in time 2003

Everything else C64 related
PeeknPoke
Ken's Fishy Friend

Back in time 2003

Post by PeeknPoke »

whos going this year?
http://peeknpoke.emuunlim.com/news_bitjune03.htm
I will be there as usual...Mat (Mr.Mayhem) will be...but whatabout the rest?...Iain? Mort (ive not seen him on here?)...Biggest Jim? come on, it looks like a biggie again!!

Lee
Visit Lee's PeeknPoke for classic gaming then cry into your beer.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Well, I'll probably be back in the UK by then, but whether I'll have time to go, I don't know. Maybe, I guess...
alexhighnumber
Freelancer

Post by alexhighnumber »

It'd be better if it was in blackpool ;-)
PeeknPoke
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by PeeknPoke »

alexhighnumber wrote:It'd be better if it was in blackpool ;-)
better for me too :) (plus think of all the classic arcade machines they have there)

Lee
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I will probably be going, I should be still in the UK at that time, but not for much longer after it...

Zzap Challenge would be good to have then as well maybe, as dicussed somewhere on this board
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Moving overseas, Iain?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Yeap, moving back to Ireland.

I can't get an IT job over here and there's no point working in a crappy job just to pay the rent and survive.

So I'm probably going to move to Wexford in the South East of Ireland and startup my own software company. Thinking online multiplayer game... early days yet but I have to do something since it doesn't look the IT industry is going to give me another job (bastards! ;-) ) so I'll have to create one.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Fair play! Wexford's actually the area where at least part of my family originates (the 'root' family of Grannell, variously called MacRannel, McCrannell, etc). It's a nice area.

If all goes to plan, I'll be back in Hants in September, hopefully to some better weather than we've been getting here this "summer". (Yesterday was 11C and raining... Nice.)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Lee wrote:
whos going this year?
I will be there as usual...Mat (Mr.Mayhem) will be...but whatabout the rest?...Iain? Mort (ive not seen him on here?)...Biggest Jim?
Well, it doesn't look like I'm coming... :( (planning might change though)
Brighton's not exactly the center of the Universe.(although I really like Queens 'Brighton Rock', and I luuurvvve 'Quadrophenia'.)
I have friends in London (i stayed there last year) but travelling through the UK, I dunno...
I'll go check what the tickets cost with Easyjet, you never know.

But I have to say, that I was a little bit dissapointed last year...especially with the lousy environment, and it's (always) pretty frustrating to see (almost) everybody getting drunk while you're sipping on your lemonade :shock: !
But it was absolutely totally cool to actually meet and chat to Iain, Mort, Mayhem and some other nice guys. Oh yeah, and meeting and talking to Jon Hare about sensible soccer! (btw, he put his money on South Korea winning the WC2002, whahaha!)

We'll see!
Ta!
Rob
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
PeeknPoke
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by PeeknPoke »

biggestjim wrote:Lee wrote:
whos going this year?
I will be there as usual...Mat (Mr.Mayhem) will be...but whatabout the rest?...Iain? Mort (ive not seen him on here?)...Biggest Jim?
Well, it doesn't look like I'm coming... :( (planning might change though)
Brighton's not exactly the center of the Universe.(although I really like Queens 'Brighton Rock', and I luuurvvve 'Quadrophenia'.)
I have friends in London (i stayed there last year) but travelling through the UK, I dunno...
I'll go check what the tickets cost with Easyjet, you never know.

But I have to say, that I was a little bit dissapointed last year...especially with the lousy environment, and it's (always) pretty frustrating to see (almost) everybody getting drunk while you're sipping on your lemonade :shock: !
But it was absolutely totally cool to actually meet and chat to Iain, Mort, Mayhem and some other nice guys. Oh yeah, and meeting and talking to Jon Hare about sensible soccer! (btw, he put his money on South Korea winning the WC2002, whahaha!)

We'll see!
Ta!
Rob
you were sipping Lemonade?...god I was pissed that night...maybe it was the heat!

Lee
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

The last place was just TOO hot and crowded! Hopefully those aspects should be a lot better this time! I'll be on cola with you Jim! 8-)