The Def Tribute to Zzap!64 FEEDBACK!

Discussion of the Zzap special by Mr. ZzapBack

Moderator: Lloyd Mangram

korruptor
Techno Teaboy

Post by korruptor »

Mr.Zzapback wrote: Aha, so Gaz is doing the gardening for Yak as well then? :wink:
I think the goats do that. ;)
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Iain wrote:It's a very fitting end to Zzap. (well unless anybody is mad enough to take on issue 108 again!)
Well, you never know. Mind you, I think I'd need a pretty hefty lottery win to do so—if I didn't have to work on paid stuff, I'd actually be happy to do 108. The problem is juggling work life, home life and creating a magazine!
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Iain wrote:It's a very fitting end to Zzap. (well unless anybody is mad enough to take on issue 108 again!)
It's not the end of ZZAP, because its legacy has lived on in the writers who have gone onto other magazines, and in the websites of certain dedicated fanatics...

(I reckon we've got a good team here on this website and issue 108 is still a possibility for the future...)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

CraigGrannell wrote: I'd actually be happy to do 108. The problem is juggling work life, home life and creating a magazine!
Well Craig, I guess you just have to get your priorities right, Rob almost ignored his family for 2 months! ;-)
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Iain wrote:Well Craig, I guess you just have to get your priorities right, Rob almost ignored his family for 2 months! ;-)
Well, been there, done that, got the t-shirt (although, admittedly, not for the length of time that Rob had to take doing his Zzap!, seeing as the DEF one is larger and he wrote a lot more of it than I wrote for 107).

108 has never been cancelled—it's just that none of the three people that spent weeks on 107 have enthusiasm for the project at the moment, and I can't see Rob thinking "must design another Zzap!64"! Still, as the saying goes, never is a long time.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well there's always the 20th anniversity of Zzap's demise in 2014! x-)
Wizball 87
Techno Teaboy

Post by Wizball 87 »

SUPERB. A huge thankyou to everyone involved with putting this together - Rob, you're a legend! Thankyou!!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Nah, oww come on! :oops:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

*goes to postbox*

*comes back disappointed*

:lol:
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

It's terrible isn't it Paul? :( Reading all about it and having not got a copy yet. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer!
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Iain wrote:It's terrible isn't it Paul? :( Reading all about it and having not got a copy yet. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer!
What's more terrible is reading the whole thing numerous times, correcting everyone's typos and still not having a copy! (And, yeah, I know Paul did some subbing, but I'd already done a load by then. So there.)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Should have been there today. Tomorrow then! :)

Paul, sorry, patience is a virtue. (at least one more week anyway! :twisted: )
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Did you post Craig's on the same day? Funny that I got mine first then :) But then again..it's Britain's fault for not being in the Euro zone x-)
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

Iain wrote:It's terrible isn't it Paul? :( Reading all about it and having not got a copy yet. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer!
Yep, it is terrible, but....
CraigGrannell wrote:What's more terrible is reading the whole thing numerous times, correcting everyone's typos and still not having a copy! (And, yeah, I know Paul did some subbing, but I'd already done a load by then. So there.)
....I've already read the thing through several times, and know it almost by heart! :lol:

But I want to have it in print, and hold it, and lovingly stroke it. :)
Mr.Zzapback wrote:Should have been there today. Tomorrow then! :)

Paul, sorry, patience is a virtue. (at least one more week anyway! :twisted: )
Meh, I'm not expecting it any time soon. :lol: I know what the post is like when it comes to delivering stuff from Europe to the US. I'm a patient lad, although I hope it gets here before the end of this month...
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Iain wrote:Did you post Craig's on the same day? Funny that I got mine first then :) But then again..it's Britain's fault for not being in the Euro zone x-)
Our post service here is... variable anyway. It wouldn't entirely surprise me for the postie to fold the mag in half and leave it in the letterbox as is their way when delivering mags here.