Zzap Scans on eBay

Everything else about Zzap
Iain
Admin

Zzap Scans on eBay

Post by Iain »

I thought Rob and myself would be firing off angry emails again but when I looked at the auction, it all looks innocent enough! :)

Plus, he doesn't charge rip off international postage!
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Spotted it yesterday, but he's supposedly reselling one of Mort's CD and not claiming otherwise (hence the "It cost me £25 originally" line) so I didn't mention it.
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

No problems as it would take more effort to replicate than burning a dvd, must have been zzaped out by all that material 8)
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Wot's thisthen? :?
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Possible he may have had an update sent to him by me (well done about 3), but unlikely. Keep em peeled for more as that would mean he is burning them to sell and not his own copies :roll:
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Do you want to send off an angry email to him this time Rob? Since I did the last one! :)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Found another one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

And here's the email I sent off to him.
Hi there, I assume you are selling the DVD that you originally bought through zzap64.co.uk or Mort?

Mort spent a hell of a lot of time making up this DVD and it would be terrible if people were just making copies and trying to sell them on eBay.

Just in case you are one of those people, we'll be keeping an eye on your future sales...

Regards,
Iain
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

I would have a tendancy to be friendlier with these emails (I'm largely referring to the somewhat ominous final line in it). Remember that although Mort has spent a lot of time working on these DVDs, he and this site have no rights whatsoever to the content. It's hardly like you can shop the guy to eBay: "This bloke's selling pirated copies of my DVD!" "What's on the DVD?" "Scans of old magazines." "That you own the rights to?" "Erm..."
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I see what you are saying, but at least with the Newsfield stuff, Roger knows what we're doing and seems okay with it. So I feel I have a little more "right" to bitch to this guy.
POB 72
Techno Teaboy

Post by POB 72 »

Don't give up, guys!

Have a look at my 'dodgy auction' post.

:D
Roger Frames
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Roger Frames »

Just out of curiosity guys, how many of those dvds do you sell each month ? Don't worry, I don't work for the tax office.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Probably about 3-5 a week in total, so not enough to warrant a hasty trip to rio :wink:
darren
Techno Teaboy

Post by darren »

Mort wrote:Probably about 3-5 a week in total, so not enough to warrant a hasty trip to rio :wink:
Hopefully my C&VG one will arrive very soon!

How long do you think it will be before the ACE scans are complete?
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Darren,
Posted you set yesterday, so should be with you tomorrow (fingers crossed). Ace has about 5 mags missing and a few pamphlets I am trying to source so should be within the month (also need to make an inlay and check it all).

Thanks for the continued support for the scanning and archiving of all the mags :D
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

The order have gone very quiet as of the past few days, before that, it was VERY busy for about a week. I imagine there must have been a bit of panic buying, with people thinking even more of the DVDs would have to be withdrawn.

Did Future contact me or was it all a brilliant marketing wizz by myself and Mort? :-D