CGE UK 2

Everything else C64 related
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Yeah, Chris has organised some great "Back In Time"s but he always does seem too stressed to really enjoy them! :(
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Umm, that's another Chris, Iain.

Btw, hello! I'm back from vacation.
And looking at the last couple of posts I'm glad I didn't visit CGEUK2. 8)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Mr.Zzapback wrote: Btw, hello! I'm back from vacation.
And looking at the last couple of posts I'm glad I didn't visit CGEUK2. 8)
I missed your ker-azy posts for the last week or so Rob! :)

Did you go anywhere nice?
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
dabbler
Techno Teaboy

Post by dabbler »

Is mort still alive? Maybe he died of bordem at CGEUK2005....

To Mort: I spotted you today! Also gave cable to your mate, havnt heard from you since!
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Dabbler - I take it that's you at WoS who replied to my post about you here? (confusing for everyone except me and Dabbler, I know!). I spotted the Maidstone (home of No73) address! :)
dabbler
Techno Teaboy

Post by dabbler »

LeeT wrote:Dabbler - I take it that's you at WoS who replied to my post about you here? (confusing for everyone except me and Dabbler, I know!). I spotted the Maidstone (home of No73) address! :)

Can you explain?
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

dabbler wrote:
LeeT wrote:Dabbler - I take it that's you at WoS who replied to my post about you here? (confusing for everyone except me and Dabbler, I know!). I spotted the Maidstone (home of No73) address! :)

Can you explain?
Are you posting as 'The Starglider' at WoS? If not, there must be two retro fans in Maidstone? :wink:
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Just got home after and stressful train journey home,Show was ok main problem seemed to be Matthew Smith`s non appearance as all the semina`s et al were late as Chris obviously held everything up for his "Star Guest", other than that it was ok, bargains were there ( I picked up the following
Thunderforce 2, Ghosts and Goblins,Marble Madness and Sword of Vermillion for the Megadrive for 50p each Last Gladiators (jap sat pinball game) £1, a pile of Sega force, Snes force and Dragon user mags for £12 and finally Yoshi`s Island for the Snes for £10

Highlight were the semina (albeit too short), Chatting with Mayhem (thanks for the mags), Gary Liddon, Archer Maclean,Shaun Bebbington, the World of spectrum guys etc . Using the freeplay pinball machines! and demonstrating the KawaX on my Xbox which impressed loads of people not to mention Delta running on it on the 64 which people who had not used a 64 were suitably impressed with.

Venu was smaller this year as the top floor was not being used for exhibits apart from the balcony area for the arcade and 1 room (with very few chairs ) for the semina.
Anyhow overall enjoyed it, never expect too much so enjoy it for what it was, a big retro get together and was better as I had a great Friday night nattering to most people at the pub :)

Time for Sleep now zzz
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Did you sell many mag DVDs then? Or was there members of SNES forums coming at you with baseball bats? :-D
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Sold a few dvd`s on my friends stand :wink:

Anyhow off to Rio soon !!!!!

Nobody seemed to be into the Snes in a great way there, the show seemed to have a lot of BBc enthusiasts!, anyhow did try to convert the masses running Delta, Wizball and Action Biker on the Xbox.

Mayhem came up trumps with the Big K issues so will be feverishly scanning those in this week and a good day was had by all, just wish there was more in the way of events/semina`s, hopefully next year.

Cheers to all who spoke to me and see you next time

:D
dabbler
Techno Teaboy

Post by dabbler »

LeeT wrote:
dabbler wrote:

Can you explain?
Are you posting as 'The Starglider' at WoS? If not, there must be two retro fans in Maidstone? :wink:
Its not me!
retronut
Ken's Fishy Friend

dvds

Post by retronut »

:D hi got some dvd from you at the show had a short look at them and you have done a brill job at the scaning the mags in and got them past the parter it was a pleaser to talk to you and keep up the good work thanks again .gary
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Thanks Gary,
Glad you will enjoy them, got to keep the old mags alive eh :wink:

Cu next year :D
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Mort wrote:a pile of Sega force, Snes force
Good!
Don't let 'm grind you down, Mort! :)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
retronut
Ken's Fishy Friend

dvd

Post by retronut »

:D yes will go next year .did find some c64 tape games for 25p had a look at some and seem to work. as you say got to keep the old mags going or in a few years and you wont find a full set to scan in i ment to ask you at the show what other formats have you scaned on to dvd .any way keep up the good work .gary