HOW BIG IS YOURS!!!!!

Chat about all the old and new games
mikem
Techno Teaboy

HOW BIG IS YOURS!!!!!

Post by mikem »

hello all,like the title :wink:

i was wondering how large your c64 game collections are.i joined ebay over a year ago solely to buy the retro computers and consoles i was owned.i have to many to list,but my pride and joy is my c64 collection.at some point i will document my cassettes .just to confirm how many i have.so like i said how big is yours :wink: :wink: here from you soon,mike :)
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

About 300-400 original games, in fact I picked up two more carts at the weekend...
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Probably about the same as above for me - I still have all my original cassettes from the 1980's - Quite a few budget games (esp Mastertronic) but also a fair few full pricers that I managed to find at reduced prices.

I've also got my 'copied' tapes with about 60 games (or more) put onto a C90 - Those were the days! Quite often I would get those games just as they were being released... :)
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

I know coz I used to keep a list in my 64 days! 98% originals as well. Stopped buying when I got into the Amiga and have 476 Amiga games, however this time they are mostly copies
Fave Game: Thrust
Fave Music: Ocean Loader (original)

Discuss & view C64 endings here:

http://www.c64endings.co.uk./
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

I've got a big box upstairs, probably around 100 games in it. I used to have over a thousand, but sold/gave away most of them when I moved to Oxford (lack of space being the sorry excuse).

Now: where's Mayhem? ;)
PeeknPoke
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by PeeknPoke »

gordon wrote: Now: where's Mayhem? ;)
hidden under all his games :D

Lee
Visit Lee's PeeknPoke for classic gaming then cry into your beer.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

My collection would comprise of about 300 disk originals from mainly 85-88 and about 500 tapes and with misc stuff about 1000 items.

:wink:
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

i have fck all now apart from my rom collection as i got diddled out of my prize collection of around 400 original games back in 95 inc the computer and all the hardware (don't ask)...i'm a bit more gutted now than i was then :cry:
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Mort wrote:My collection would comprise of about 300 disk originals from mainly 85-88
You had a disk drive back in the day? I thought you were a poor boy! :)

And I was expecting Mayhem to be the first to post a reply alright, he must be on holiday! :)
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

I am Iain :lol:

Currently sunning myself in Chicago before off to San Fran for the weekend ;)

Collection you say? Erm... well it's about 400 carts, 300 disks and god knows how many tapes. Approx. I've never done a proper account of it. Maybe once I move...?!
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

But as everyone knows, it's not how big it is, but how you use it that matters!

Seeing as mine are in the spare room gathering dust, I shall make no further comment! :oops:
Fave Game: Thrust
Fave Music: Ocean Loader (original)

Discuss & view C64 endings here:

http://www.c64endings.co.uk./
Your64
Techno Teaboy

Post by Your64 »

You should all consider looking through your collections and creating cover scans, tap files or disk images for any of the games in Gamebase 64 that don't aready have them included.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Surely, between Gamebase64 and Lemon64, they must all be available by now?
retronut
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by retronut »

:) hi all got about 150 tapes. and about 50-60 disks most the disks are backups of games i had but there not marked up so not sure whats on them have to dig out the old 1541-11 but not sure were it is
Your64
Techno Teaboy

Post by Your64 »

Iain wrote:Surely, between Gamebase64 and Lemon64, they must all be available by now?
They don't have tap files of everything yet. Haven't been look at disks myself as I don't have all the equipment to do copy protected disks.

A lot over the covers only show the front side and not the whole wrap-around to the side and back, and even then some of them are only small low res images. There are also different version of the covers available, the full price boxes and the budget re-release tapes.

I've been looking through the tapes I've got and found a few that didn't have tap files but for the majority of them I've done cover scans as the gamebase ones could have been better.

I tend to scan them at 600 dpi and then reduce by 25%.