Issue One for sale on eBay

Everything else about Zzap
Shaky Fan
Techno Teaboy

Post by Shaky Fan »

robin hogg wrote:I have a rather special ZZAP! Issue 1 :D
I had a special Issue 1 as well! The cover came off and was thrown out so for some silly reason I tore off the cover of that months C&VG and used it instead! :oops:
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Shaky Fan wrote:
robin hogg wrote:I have a rather special ZZAP! Issue 1 :D
I had a special Issue 1 as well! The cover came off and was thrown out so for some silly reason I tore off the cover of that months C&VG and used it instead! :oops:
That's one of the worst things I've ever heard.
A Zzap! with a C+VG cover!! :shock:

Imagine what would happen if somebody would have found it one day!
They'd think C+VG was the best games magazine ever! :twisted:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Darth Mole
Techno Teaboy

Post by Darth Mole »

So, anyone want to make me an offer for the first three year's worth in binders? Plus a pristine issue 1 of Commodore Format with the tape still attached? I'll even sign it if you want to reduce its value...
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

i've just been scanning around on ebay and this nearly slipped the net. it's yet another Zzap issue 1, starting bid £34.99 but the sap spelt it zap, not zzap...he has issue 2 for sale also where the starting bid is £29.99.

well i know i won't be buying it as knowing my crazy luck i'd accidentally rip the cover off within a week or eat it or something, besides i'm quite happy with the scans :)

issue 1 - http://cgi.ebay.ca/ZAP64-MAGAZINE-MAY-85-NO1-C64-ZX-SPECTRUM-ATARI-RETRO_W0QQitemZ8212351598QQcategoryZ3543QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

issue 2 - http://cgi.ebay.ca/ZAP64-MAGAZINE-JUN-85-NO2-C64-ZX-SPECTRUM-ATARI-RETRO_W0QQitemZ8212351565QQcategoryZ3543QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Darth Mole wrote:So, anyone want to make me an offer for the first three year's worth in binders? Plus a pristine issue 1 of Commodore Format with the tape still attached? I'll even sign it if you want to reduce its value...
Wait a minute, I wasn't paying attention. :)
Steve Jarratt offers his personal collection of Zzap!s to the fanboy crowd. :shock:
I don't know if I should be happy about that or not, unless you got a scan set. I only know people terribly regretting the fact that they binned or sold their collection, hehe.
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Darth Mole is Mr. Jarrett? When was this discovered?

re: the auctions above, the guy is also selling issue 31, starting at £14.99, now that's optimistic to say the least! Especially when he hasn't even spelt the magazine's name correctly!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Iain wrote:Darth Mole is Mr. Jarrett? When was this discovered?
Wake up and smell the coffee. :)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Cheek!! It's not my fault I have the memory of a Ken D. Fish!!
robin hogg
Techno Teaboy

ZZAP 1

Post by robin hogg »

The special ZZAP Issue 1 I was referring to is the original Newsfield binder copy. A little memento of a most enjoyable time. :D
Robin 'Pig in a Poke' Hogg
Ex ZZAP!
smila
Freelancer

Post by smila »

ive got a special issue 2 , its still got the stain from our cats poo's on the back cover . :D
got created the sid chip so hubbard could make music
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

oh yeah?
my issue 44 has Chuck's vomit all over it, so there. :wink:
Iain
Admin

Re: ZZAP 1

Post by Iain »

robin hogg wrote:The special ZZAP Issue 1 I was referring to is the original Newsfield binder copy. A little memento of a most enjoyable time. :D
Interesting, how did you manage to get away with that? :) Was it in a fairly tatty state?
gizmomelb
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by gizmomelb »

/me looks at 2 spare copies of issue 1 in near mint condition and considers selling them...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

You have 3 copies of issue 1? Nice...
gizmomelb
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by gizmomelb »

yup, two of them are the originals I bought back when they first came out.. hehe, I'm slightly obsessive about my magazines and collecting them :)