Post by Lloyd Mangram »

I'd like to use my 1000th post to...

bring two interesting quotes to your attention:
"People who live in the past rob the future."
8)
"No matter what your past has been you have a spotless future."
Happy meditation! :) :wink:

And thanx for all the fish...
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

:)

Congratulations, mighty mad one. May you speed to 2000 posts with ease.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

:shock:

1000!

Get a life! :wink:

(Nah, seriously, congrats. You've taken ZZAP! fandom to a whole new level.)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

1000 is pretty amazing and there probably a good few posts from him on the old pre phpBB forum as well!
He's calmed down a lot of the years as well! :-D

Here's a message from Mr. Zzapback / Biggest Jim from early 2002, for you all to get nostalgic about!
Hi folks!
As I witnessed zzap-issue 1 being sold for over 40 BPS on ebay last week (not for the first time)I realized that I'd probably never complete my zzap-collection: boohoohoo, slob, snibber!
Still missing issues 1, 6, 8 & 11 and since I'm not willing nor able to pay a small fortune for a couple of computermags I have to accept the fact that I'll have to continue my life being an INCOMPLETE ZZAPERONI! (oh no! Aaarghhhwlwl)
But, just at THAT moment, realizing my's a failure, I got an idea! (oh boy, why doesn't that happen all the time?)
An idea SO simple, SO brilliant, SO mean, SO SO SO..it made me feel SO stupid why I didn't think about it before..SO COOL!
Right now I laugh everyone in the face who-ever payed more than a couple of bucks on rare zzaps, HA! you LOOOOOOOZZZERRRR! ;>)
Reading this, the guy who paid +40 BPS for zzap number one probably 'll kick his own head in! HA! you deserve it RICH SNOB, kick a little bit harder...:>)
RIGHT! What's so blimmin' brilliant I hear you cry, tell us, tell us, so we too can have our FREE retro-rare-ultracool prehistoric zzaps!!!
Listen and shiiiiiver sad fellows, for here's the complete & detailed story:
First: go to www.zzap64.co.uk and download zzap!64 issue one, be smart, do it at your work using using the internet-cable-connection for superfast downloading! (3 secs a page is a nice score)WOT's the problem? Get yourself a decent job then!
Second: print out all the pages on a nifty laserprinter, at your work for example, doesn't cost you a thing, only your coffee-break. WOT's the problem? Get yourself a decent job then!!!
Now admire the quality of the printing because of the high quality scans Iain is offering. WOW! It's almost as good as the REAAAL THING!!!
Third: No go home, and print (for example) the cover & eventually all color-reviews (ie Elite) on your super colour bubble jet to make it look REAAALLY good!
(wanna have a good quality cover-scan? go to www.gamestone.co.uk and get it there, very well done)
Fourth: Now put all the pages in a binder, close it.
Fifth: Open your binder! Flick thru all these genuine zzap-pages, just like having the real thing babe! Oh boy, ARE YOU SMART, you got yourself a almost free copy of zzap number ONE! In fact it's even cheaper than it was buying the mag in 1985.
AMMMMMAZING!
You see? He was quite mad!! ;-)

p.s. I've just noticed that on the old forum, you can't see all the messages, only the ones back to 2002 :( Although, you can with a bit of url editting. eg change to last 00217.html or whatever to 00001.html :)

The very first message by me was actually posted on 11-04-2000, a historic day indeed! ;-)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I have fixed the old forum after a bit of Perl script hacking.

You see, when I first archived the board, I set it to display messages from the past 1300 days, which was fine in 2003 or so since all message were written well within those 1300 days. But time has a damn habit of rolling forward, so today, 1300 days didn't cover all the messages!

It now display messages from the past 5000 days (around 14 years) so every message is avilable again, but could someone remind me in 2014 to set the number even higher? x-)

If anyone is still reading / awake, here's the forum link to have a bit of a nostalgia reading old messages

http://www.zzap64.co.uk/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Well done, Rob. May your next 1000 posts be as equally insane! :D
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Iain wrote:He's calmed down a lot of the years as well! :-D

Here's a message from Mr. Zzapback / Biggest Jim from early 2002....
Aww, great! :shock:
That's the downside of the internet I guess, stuff keeps following you around. :evil:

Thanx for reminding me (and everybody else -grrr) my hyperventilating writing style of old. Oh dear.
I'm all chilled now, most of the time, father, older, wiser.....ho-hum. :wink:

Nyaargh!
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.